Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Friendly Hotels: Vancouver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PhilBa

Apr 20, 2013
Seattle
I'm looking to spend a weekend in downtown Vancouver. Would like to park at (or very near) the hotel we stay in. I looked on plug-share and found a couple.

Fairmont Pacific Rim - Sun Country CS90.
Fairmont Waterfront - looks like 2 L2 J1772 (guessing 30 amp)
Coast Hotel Coal Harbor - 120V outlet
ShangriLa Hotel - 1 J1772 (guessing 30 Amp)
Loden Hotel - NEMA 14-50 (last update is from 2011, not sure the current status)
Fairmont Vancouver - 1 J1772 (30 Amp?) (Note: there appear to be 3 different Fairmonts in Vancouver, not sure if this is really true - they all have different addresses)

I was surprised at the lack of charging facilities in hotels. Does anyone know of other hotels that have chargers? Baring that, I would consider a hotel that is very close to public parking that has a charger.

I will happily summarize any responses in this post.

Last edited:
There are actually four Fairmonts in Greater Vancouver--the three you mentioned, plus the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.

The Fairmont Pacific Rim is my preferred hotel for a downtown staycation, but if you are more budget conscious, the Coast Coal Harbour is likely the most affordable of those you mention.

For public parking with a charger I suspect the closest hotel/parking option would be the EasyPark at the foot of Broughton Street, which is a couple of blocks from the Westin Bayshore.