Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV holiday in Canada.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
Silly question really, but I'd just like to be sure.
I'm currently planning a holiday in Canada, Vancouver and North to be precise. I'm contemplating renting a Turo model X as that would hopefully large enough for 4 adults a 2 year old and luggage. However I'm not sure about the charging situation. I believe North American Teslas have their own design of charger socket, unlike us in the UK. Can they only charge at superchargers or is there a way of non granny charging. The places I'm looking at going to only have CCS or CHADEMO and the only supercharger I can see is North Vancouver.
Has anyone here experience of Tesla holidaying in Canada?

Silly question really, but I'd just like to be sure.
I'm currently planning a holiday in Canada, Vancouver and North to be precise. I'm contemplating renting a Turo model X as that would hopefully large enough for 4 adults a 2 year old and luggage. However I'm not sure about the charging situation. I believe North American Teslas have their own design of charger socket, unlike us in the UK. Can they only charge at superchargers or is there a way of non granny charging. The places I'm looking at going to only have CCS or CHADEMO and the only supercharger I can see is North Vancouver.
Has anyone here experience of Tesla holidaying in Canada?

Yup, it's kinda hard for us to imagine but Tesla's only really charge at Tesla SuperChargers in NA. At the lower AC speeds then adapters are common, but currently you are just out-or-luck at other DC sites until Tesla formally support the CCS adapter in NA..

Anyway, is there really much point in hiring an electric car if you are flying 4 people 7600km to Vancouver?

Reactions: M1tch
Yup, it's kinda hard for us to imagine but Tesla's only really charge at Tesla SuperChargers in NA. At the lower AC speeds then adapters are common, but currently you are just out-or-luck at other DC sites until Tesla formally support the CCS adapter in NA..

Anyway, is there really much point in hiring an electric car if you are flying 4 people 7600km to Vancouver?
Just trying to reduce our impact on the planet plus giving the others a chance to drive a Tesla.. maybe persuade them to go electric with their next car.