Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Innovations Inc. - "evii" (was Hybrid Technologies)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they're still working on this... along with a name change.

New electric sports car competes with Tesla | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

EVS_C7_Main_610x343.jpg

The Liv Inizio, an all-electric sports car with specs similar to the Tesla Roadster, is making its debut at the 2009 New York auto show. This new electric car is made by EV Innovations, formerly called Hybrid Technologies, which showed off the Liv Wise, a Toyota Yaris converted to an electric power train, at last year's New York auto show.

EV Innovations to debut two new cars at NY Auto Show

The second EV that's scheduled to be shown is called the Wave. We're not sure if this is a completely new vehicle or if it's based on an existing platform, but it's reportedly able to hit a top speed of 80 mph with a range of 170 miles per charge. Again, the reported asking price of $34,900 sounds too good to be true. Deliveries are scheduled for "sometime in 2010." We'll know more when we get to NY in a few weeks.

From the comments on the motor trend link, we find that making electricity *requires* coal. That gas will never go above $3/gallon again, and that hydrogen cars "are the way to go.'

Only took me about 20 seconds to learn everything I needed to know about EVs.

Last edited:
He seems positive about electric in the future, but my read would be that neither party was entirely clear about the gap between his expectation of a four-seater electric and the companies one-off, small shop operation capabilities.

If I'd embarked on this I'd be working with the company to finish off the build properly, replacing the foolish wiring with proper stuff and repairing the silly engineering mistakes. I’d hope to end up with a finished product above the mark needed to use it every day and I think that was in reach.