Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV license plates... necessary?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I understand it correctly you need an EV license plate to park for free in airport parking... is this accurate? Does the law actually say this electric vehicles only, or only electric vehicles with EV license plates??

What other benefits are offered by getting one of these plates? Seriously considering a personalized vanity plate instead.

If it matters, I'm on Maui.

I called the parking office and asked. She said I'd be OK, just write my info on the ticket. I hope so, or my 3 week vacation to Europe is gonna be an expensive parking event.
Update. Just got back from my trip. 3 weeks. I was anxious about the battery bleed. Nothing to worry about. I made it full, drove to HNL, had about 286 miles left. Arrived this evening 256 miles. I only turned the app on 2 maybe 3 times out of curiosity.. So, figure 10 miles a week drain.. Pretty good. Most importantly, I drove out with free parking. Just said it's electric, she looked at all the stuff I wrote on the back of the ticket and the arm went up. Whew! Now I gotta fight the jet lag g'night.