Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Miata VS P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that was not even close ... the EV Miata won by a mile. (9.2 sec @ 142 mph)
Makes me wonder what the Tesla is capable of with a few more years of development.

miata.JPG

I wonder what the range is on the Electric Miata?
50 miles?
Less?
More?

What is required to charge it at home?
What is the battery longevity?
Could it be a true daily driver?
With or without the roll bar, how well does any Miata endure a crash test?

If the only thing it does well is run 1/4 miles really fast, is it worth having a one-trick pony that does only that?

Model S looked to be stock, or near stock, including wheels and tires.
Going to race type tires might help a bit, but it would ALSO have to lose a ton (at lest 2,000 lbs.) of weight in order to be competitive.

Guess we will have to wait for the next version of the Roadster coming out in 4 years or so for the rematch.

These comparison videos confuse me. You're comparing a 7-seat family sedan with a 2 seat home built roadster.... whats the point? I can't wait for someone to do a comparison between a Tesla and a P1. Or a Tesla vs a Formula E racer, it'd be just as relevant.

When you're trying to compare seating capacity, range, safety, and comfort of a stock vehicle to a purpose built, 9 second track-only roadster there definitely is some defensiveness going on. None of that really has anything to do with any if this, and makes it apparent that the point of the video and vehicle is lost. As for the title of the video... something about books and their covers? We're all here to have fun, no? It's not a pissing match anymore than someone working out with dumbells next to an Olympic power lifter doing the clean and jerk is.

Last edited: