Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV NJ Chargeup $5000 rebate website notworking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys,
I've gotten my car delivered on the 15th and started the application online.
But when I try to upload license, registration and loan agreement the website does not allow me. Even after I click on the upload button, it still shows up as 'documents required', not 'document uploaded' at the top.

I tried different web browsers; chrome, safari and edge but no luck. Did anyone figure this out? or is it just me having this problem...?

thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 9.20.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 9.20.50 AM.png
    862.5 KB · Views: 111
Just received a phone call saying that they fixed it! It is working now.
Yes they called and emailed. Got my docs uploaded. Delivered on the 11th so just in time. The program now states purchase/lease by 15th. Originally was supposed to have rebates for home chargers as well but my guess there's no more funding in the program due to the demand.

Yes they called and emailed. Got my docs uploaded. Delivered on the 11th so just in time. The program now states purchase/lease by 15th. Originally was supposed to have rebates for home chargers as well but my guess there's no more funding in the program due to the demand.

Has anyone got their rebate approvals recently? Just curious where we stand with the rebates for folks who were able to make it in time.

Mine got approved today and I had applied of Dec 22,2020. Same message here default time to issue check is 60 days however because of the high volume it can take up to 150 days. Most likely they miscalculated and ran out of money and are dipping into next year's funding.

I accepted delivery on 12/31 and applied the same day. I just received this email today:

Congratulations! Your Charge up New Jersey Incentive application meets our eligibility criteria for your Tesla Model 3 for $5,000.00.

We have reached the funding cap for this fiscal year. Funding is allocated on a fiscal year basis and incentives are available only while funding lasts.

While your application meets all our eligibility criteria official approval is contingent upon funding of the FY22 Clean Energy Budget. The Board typically approves a budget at the end of June each year, and we anticipate renewed funding at that time. Your incentive check has been delayed until the next funding disbursement in Summer 2021. There is no action needed from you at the moment. You will receive an email once your check has been placed in the mail. We thank you for your patience.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Charge Up New Jersey Staff
Center for Sustainable Energy®

Office: (877) 426-2474
[email protected]
chargeup.njcleanenergy.com

I am sorry to hear you were deferred to next years budget, the good news is you still have some commitment that you will receive the rebate. Looks like they hugely miscalculated the amount of applications they would receive after making the program closure announcement. Most of the people who applied between December 20th and December 31st were also told it could take 150 days for them to receive the check which puts it right around June/July timeframe.

I think they were waiting for budget and phase 2 approvals which was done last week. I was told there are a few administrative steps which need to be completed and after that they can start mailing checks. Hang in there if you don't hear from them until end of July then follow up.

Reactions: bwbrs
I think they were waiting for budget and phase 2 approvals which was done last week. I was told there are a few administrative steps which need to be completed and after that they can start mailing checks. Hang in there if you don't hear from them until end of July then follow up.

Thanks, yeah, got the same response about the administrative steps. I met someone at a charger last night who said they got their check back in April and picked up their car in December too, so I guess he just made the cutoff.