Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Packs for a clean-breathing commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time that I settle in following another Tesla on I-5, I breathe a little easier. If most of the vehicles ahead of me are electrics, it is that much less pollution to inhale. I happily set the adaptive cruise control to whatever speed they are traveling. I can't wait for Tesla to provide software that will allow multi-vehicle coordination so that if I need to move right for an upcoming exit, the Tesla behind me will automatically slow a little to make room.

Anyone noticed EVs forming packs?

I can imagine a bumper sticker for organizing one:
"To avoid the fumes, join the EV pack to breathe free!"

Since 2013, I have had a "Zero Emissions" license plate holder front and rear on a Model S. But that's not very apropos to climate anymore (anything effective for climate now involves cooling--and reducing emissions does not cool; see my climate blog). But reducing emissions is still relevant to reducing visible air pollution--that stuff commuters breathe.

Last edited:
Cleaner air in our cities can't come quickly enough for me, especially as a pedestrian and cyclist. I would also rather drive behind an EV than an ICE car, especially cold days when ICE emissions are at their worst (until their engines warm up).

Tesla or EV convoys? Maybe that's something FSD could coordinate. 😃