Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV parking priority

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will shoot a picture next time I am around the area. I think there is also some sign about a 3 hour limit.
Here it is. Nothing about hybrids, so I would think they would tow away Volts and Karmas. :wink:
:smile:
photo.jpg

Last edited:
I find all this parking, charging, and EV "class" discussion fascinating, and something that will be fought over for a long time as we migrate towards mainstreaming EVs.

And making things even more complicated are differing plug and protocol standards, different philosophies on pricing for charging, and different attitudes towards who should get to use which chargers under what scenarios!

Interesting times.

Reactions: F14Scott and croman
I find all this parking, charging, and EV "class" discussion fascinating, and something that will be fought over for a long time as we migrate towards mainstreaming EVs.

In biology, this is called a pecking order :smile:

These shouldn't be made into quick chargers IMO. But on the other hand a level 1 is not sufficient. Could the power to these phone sites be reasonably retrofitted to level 2 chargers? Or would bigger gauge wire have to be run?

Also, it should be noted that the fast charger they mention here in Fort Collins does exist, but it's chademo.

There has been a backlash against malls installing pregnant parking spaces.

It's sex discrimination.
There are laws on the books that combine them with Handicapped spaces but since they are legislated (but are they voted on by citizens?) they are presumably "more legal" but a judge could throw those laws out in a second.

I don't think that is necessarily sex discrimination, if a man were to get pregnant, they would qualify. The fact that women are significantly more likely to get pregnant isn't discrimination on the part of the laws, it is discrimination on the part of biology. If we create standards for qualifying as disabled that apply to all people, and lat term pregnancy causes enough physical difficulty that the woman qualifies, then they get to use the parking spot.

I have a PHEV, the Fusion Energi. BEVs should have priority when they need the charge to get them where they are going. I have 2 signs I place in my windshield. One says its okay to unplug if you need the charge, but plug me back in when your done. The other has a time that it is okay to unplug me and my phone number so they can call if needed.
I have rarely seen other vehicles plugged in anywhere I travel. Most places tell me I am the first or the only one using the chargers.

Last edited:
I have a PHEV, the Fusion Energi. BEVs should have priority when they need the charge to get them where they are going. I have 2 signs I place in my windshield. One says its okay to unplug if you need the charge, but plug me back in when your done. The other has a time that it is okay to unplug me and my phone number so they can call of needed.
I have rarely seen other vehicles plugged in anywhere I travel. Most places tell me I am the first or the only one using the chargers.

Great job. That's the way everyone should do it EV or PHEV.

Parking At Denver International Airport

Warning Canopy Parking
They claim to be Tesla Friendly. They broke my passenger seat when I parked there last week. The seat needs to be replaced $1300! They denied the claim basically not our problem. DO NOT PARK THERE!