Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Rebate New Zealand Post 31 March 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Can anyone please help? I have booked my model 3 in January'22 and am not expecting the delivery before 31.03.2022. Has the NZ government extended the EV rebate scheme post 31.03.2022? The sales guy of Tesla Auckland (NZ) branch says that it has been extended beyond 31.03.2022 and I will be entitled to get it. I personally do not see any Information on internet.

Hi. Can anyone please help? I have booked my model 3 in January'22 and am not expecting the delivery before 31.03.2022. Has the NZ government extended the EV rebate scheme post 31.03.2022? The sales guy of Tesla Auckland (NZ) branch says that it has been extended beyond 31.03.2022 and I will be entitled to get it. I personally do not see any Information on internet.
The Tesla sales guy is correct, the clean car discount continues for the next financial year

Clean car discount eligibility criteria - eligibility criteria for vehicles first registered from 1 April-2022

A rebate is payable for an eligible light vehicle (see definition) only if the following criteria have been met:
  1. The vehicle must have been registered for the first time in New Zealand from 1 April 2022.
  2. The vehicle must have a safety rating of 3-stars or more on the Rightcar website at the time of registration:
    rightcar.govt.nz(external link)
  3. The vehicle must have been purchased for less than $80,000 (New Zealand dollars), including GST and on-road costs (the purchase price).
    1. Note that a trade-in can be associated with the vehicle purchase, but this is considered to be a form of payment towards the vehicle, rather than a reduction in the vehicle price.

Upvote 0