Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV sales service center coming to Vancouver WA.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The properties are on the corner of Andreeson and Fourth Plain, just behind the Red Wing store. There are two parcels involved. One appears to have an abandoned office building on it and the other a closed store.

Looking at Clark County GIS there were some permits for land investigation done by a real estate company, but that appears to be all that's been done. The properties have not sold so either the deal has not happened, or they are leasing.

In the local Tesla Group forum (TOOR) two people said they heard two different things. One knew a Rivian insider who said it was definitely a Rivian service center and the other knew a Tesla insider who said it was a Tesla service center.

I'd like to know more. I haven't heard anything new in a few months.

Looks like Drake Motor Partners purchased the land in January, so my guess is they are moving forward with a Tesla Service Center. Rivian would build a service center in Portland I think before Vancouver but I guess time will tell for sure.

20220402_115618.jpg
20220402_115701.jpg

Reactions: goneskiian
The property is 3.02 acres. They initially bought 6916 NE Fourth Plain and 6924 NE Fourth Plain, but the address for 6924 is gone from the county database and go get sent to 6916 when you search. It appears the two have been combined.

Interestingly the property is next door to Carr Automotive's HQ which is a chain of car dealerships around the area.

The current service center in Portland is about 3 acres. It is too small for the traffic it handles as well as not easy to get there. This is a much more accessible location. There is a tired strip mall on Fourth Plain in front of the SC. They should have bought that property too.

Yes, plus some more that the public can not access.

But the parking is tight. I expect these are all for sales of new cars and the public will be encouraged to go to Vancouver mall.
[/QUOTE]

As for other service center, they might have the stalls open, but with limited hours, and Tesla owners will need to understand that stalls could be taken by the Service Center.
There's a couple of local places to eat nearby after heading to the cannabis dispensary.

Yes, plus some more that the public can not access.

But the parking is tight. I expect these are all for sales of new cars and the public will be encouraged to go to Vancouver mall.

As for other service center, they might have the stalls open, but with limited hours, and Tesla owners will need to understand that stalls could be taken by the Service Center.
There's a couple of local places to eat nearby after heading to the cannabis dispensary.
[/QUOTE]
If they don’t want the public to use them they would be be behind a gate like most service/delivery centers. If they show up on the nav then they are open to the public. There are 10 HPWC behind the service gate so they will use these for charging cars being serviced. SC will be to test charging capabilities and only in cases where a quick charge is needed. An example of this is the Rocklin DC in CA. They do cycle cars through the SC but they don’t discourage people from charging there.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston