Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ev trip planner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there!

First time using this site, so maybe I am doing something wrong....
https://www.evtripplanner.com

Planning a trip from Huntington Beach, CA (92649) to San Francisco, Ca.
Trip lanner has me going 48 miles to a Hawthorne supercharger, then onto the Tejon Ranch SC. (Tejon Ranch is in Lebec, Ca).
The Tejon ranch SC is only about 125 miles from Huntington beach.
Why would it route me through Hawthorne and not directly to Lebec?

Thank you!!!

Mike

My guess is that you selected the "route through Superchargers" on the screen. Try doing it again but just use the "direct"option. Then you will have to view the "step" function tab to see your charging stops and estimated usage.

Ok...you are correct about that one!

The question I should have posted was a trip from Huntington beach to San Francisco has me stopping at Hawthorne instead of going straight to Tejon Ranch.
Any ideas on that one? Is there a different or better website for trip planning?

My guess is that you selected the "route through Superchargers" on the screen. Try doing it again but just use the "direct"option. Then you will have to view the "step" function tab to see your charging stops and estimated usage.

Not really. When I use EVTripplanner, I already know my first stop. So I would do a two-step: First step would be from Huntington Beach to Ft. Tejon. Then I would do a second step from Ft. Tejon to SF using "route through Superchargers." That way, you can force the program to bypass Hawthorne and make your first stop at Ft. Tejon.

Or you could use the Tesla trip screen in the car. First turn off the trip planning app in the settings tab then just select Ft. Tejon as your destination. The estimated remaining charge in the battery will be evident on the trip graph once the route is calculated.

Seem to be a few bugs in the software. I had it get me lost taking me back to the supercharger i just left. Must turn off the route through supercharger function or it will run you around the world to go 250 miles. Seems it does not like anything over 150 or so miles.