TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

ev trip planner

Discussion in 'Model S' started by mikeg561, May 22, 2015.

1. mikeg561

mikeg561 Member

Hi there!

First time using this site, so maybe I am doing something wrong....
    https://www.evtripplanner.com

Planning a trip from Huntington Beach, CA (92649) to San Francisco, Ca.
    Trip lanner has me going 48 miles to a Hawthorne supercharger, then onto the Tejon Ranch SC. (Tejon Ranch is in Lebec, Ca).
    The Tejon ranch SC is only about 125 miles from Huntington beach.
    Why would it route me through Hawthorne and not directly to Lebec?

Thank you!!!

Mike

2. cpa

cpa Member

My guess is that you selected the "route through Superchargers" on the screen. Try doing it again but just use the "direct"option. Then you will have to view the "step" function tab to see your charging stops and estimated usage.

3. mikeg561

mikeg561 Member

Ok...you are correct about that one!

The question I should have posted was a trip from Huntington beach to San Francisco has me stopping at Hawthorne instead of going straight to Tejon Ranch.
    Any ideas on that one? Is there a different or better website for trip planning?

4. cpa

cpa Member

Not really. When I use EVTripplanner, I already know my first stop. So I would do a two-step: First step would be from Huntington Beach to Ft. Tejon. Then I would do a second step from Ft. Tejon to SF using "route through Superchargers." That way, you can force the program to bypass Hawthorne and make your first stop at Ft. Tejon.

Or you could use the Tesla trip screen in the car. First turn off the trip planning app in the settings tab then just select Ft. Tejon as your destination. The estimated remaining charge in the battery will be evident on the trip graph once the route is calculated.

5. Solarwind

Solarwind Member

Seem to be a few bugs in the software. I had it get me lost taking me back to the supercharger i just left. Must turn off the route through supercharger function or it will run you around the world to go 250 miles. Seems it does not like anything over 150 or so miles.

6. capt601

capt601 Vin02324

#6 capt601, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Enter HB and SFO locations, select the route through superchargers, let it do its routing. and than on the left side, deselect the superchargers you don't want ( Hawthorne). And than select route direct. Very easy.