Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV trip tool with issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OxBrew

Sep 23, 2021
Spokane WA
This tool in the SF Chronicle could be really helpful, but they fubar-ed the Tesla data big time.

Shows a 2022 SR Y with 244 mi range with a $65k price tag. That was never a thing, right? The RWD was only offered for a while, and was like $48k or something? And never in 2022?

I emailed an author, and they said they got all their data from KBB. I went to the KBB link they provided, and they used it wrong. They grabbed 2021 data, (244 mile range), but used the price from something else (their numbers don't show up in KBB), and called it 2022. Bad lazy sloppy reporters. (Shocking, I know).

People, spend 5 minutes doing the research, it's not hard.

I think a tool like this could be really cool to help people see which EVs would work for them, but it needs to be accurate. Would be even better as an app you could use to shadow your actual trips for a week or a month, and show how the same trips would compare in a variety of different EVs. (hint: it's almost always going to be better, but we know that).