Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Watch for Tesla, watchOS 2.0 app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fix the crashing bug some users were experiencing.

Update is available in the app store!
Download iPhone App

QuickTesla-watch-2-2.png

Complication example (in lower left corner):
complication2.png
complication3.png

Last edited:
I downloaded the app a few minutes ago. It all works, at least for now. I just used the crown to change charge level. Cool! For me that alone is worth the price, and the pretty interface is nice too.

As a genuine First World Problem, I'd like it if my own car showed up, as it does in MyTesla, rather than a generic S.

Otherwise my life just became easier since I regularly manage charging levels while I'm exercising, and I really did not like having only large increments. A dial up and down is the stuff of my odd imagination.

Question: Are we fetishists, or what?:rolleyes:

A question and a comment:
  • Is there a way to switch cars without having to log-out/log-in? It seems you only get the option to pick a car when you first log in.
  • If your current SoC is higher than the currently set charging limit, the inner green arc extends beyond the outer white arc--not a functional issue but it gives my inner design geek some angst :)

The update fixed the crashing - thx. Loving the complication. Will add a review in a few min.
Thanks!

A question and a comment:
  • Is there a way to switch cars without having to log-out/log-in? It seems you only get the option to pick a car when you first log in.
  • If your current SoC is higher than the currently set charging limit, the inner green arc extends beyond the outer white arc--not a functional issue but it gives my inner design geek some angst :)
  • Currently, you'll need to log out/in to switch cars. I'll stick it on the todo list to allow you to switch without having to do so.
  • I'm open to design alternatives. I guess it's possible to copy something like the non-TACC cruise control speed setting arrow.

I downloaded the app a few minutes ago. It all works, at least for now. I just used the crown to change charge level. Cool! For me that alone is worth the price, and the pretty interface is nice too.

As a genuine First World Problem, I'd like it if my own car showed up, as it does in MyTesla, rather than a generic S.

Otherwise my life just became easier since I regularly manage charging levels while I'm exercising, and I really did not like having only large increments. A dial up and down is the stuff of my odd imagination.

Question: Are we fetishists, or what?:rolleyes:

Thanks! Now that most of the main features are locked down and (mostly) bug free, I can spend a little time polishing up some stuff like this. Although now with the new nose, that multiplies the number * 2...and with the X, another 2. Ohwell, just graphics...

Thanks! Now that most of the main features are locked down and (mostly) bug free, I can spend a little time polishing up some stuff like this. Although now with the new nose, that multiplies the number * 2...and with the X, another 2. Ohwell, just graphics...
...yes, and how will you handle retrofitted new noses? Somehow I think this will get more complicated every six months or so.

Thanks!
  • I'm open to design alternatives. I guess it's possible to copy something like the non-TACC cruise control speed setting arrow.

Maybe the thick white arc is always a nearly full circle, the inner green arc is current SoC and you have a hash line to represent charging level. The display on my Nest thermostat does something like this.

I dunno, I am just throwing stuff out there--quite happy with things as-is. If I were to prioritize for the next version, if would be the multi-car support, but I also realize multi-car owners are a minority.

Update is available in the app store. In additional to better complication updates (~every 10 mins), better multi-tesla support, and responsiveness, there's a new beta feature: charge reminders!

reminder copy.png

For security reasons, the checking is done on the device (iPhone/iPad/iPod) itself and for now requires Wifi at time of the check in order to properly trigger a reminder.