Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Wheels Direct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone taken a look at this website evwheelsdirect.com?

The prices seem to be better than what T-Sportline is offering for their wheels. They offer 18", 19", and 20" wheels and apparently they fit the OEM tires that come with the car.

I am not very knowledgeable about wheels so I was hoping someone who knows more than I do could provide their thoughts.

Thanks,

Puneet

I've been a car guy all my life, and I'm very cost conscious like many owners. While I can't speak to evwheelsdirect, their quality or their reputation since they popped out of nowhere, I am familiar with T Sportline.

1. T Sportline has a phone number. Someone picks up.
2. They've been around since day 1. Long before many of us owned Teslas.
3. Lots of content here: www.youtube.com/tsportline
4. I had their TST on my two of Model S' and they showed me their 3rd party testing reports. Not just stated numbers and claims like "stated income" which led to the mortgage crisis.
5. They do have sales from time to time. I've seen anything from Free Shipping to 10-15%+ off.

A takeaway: Is saving $300 on the unknown worth it to you vs buying from a company that's been around since the inception of the S and has potentially serviced hundreds of TMC members? Wait for a sale.

@pkalhan do you know why the shoe below costs 70.00 and the one below it costs 170.00?

406869_001_ss_01.jpeg

BB6303_04_standard.jpg

I ordered the 20s. I got a tracking number the beginning of the week and Fedex picked them up yesterday. I’ll have them on the 15th.

For those who are trying to say that T-sportline are somehow better quality I highly doubt it. All of these wheels are made in China and very likely made in the same factory.

T-Sportline might end up being the better company for long term support however i’ve not had enough data points to compare the two yet.

EVT did ship within 1 week of when they said they would when I first ordered so far so good. Better than most kickstarters.

I've been a car guy all my life, and I'm very cost conscious like many owners. While I can't speak to evwheelsdirect, their quality or their reputation since they popped out of nowhere, I am familiar with T Sportline.

1. T Sportline has a phone number. Someone picks up.
2. They've been around since day 1. Long before many of us owned Teslas.
3. Lots of content here: www.youtube.com/tsportline
4. I had their TST on my two of Model S' and they showed me their 3rd party testing reports. Not just stated numbers and claims like "stated income" which led to the mortgage crisis.
5. They do have sales from time to time. I've seen anything from Free Shipping to 10-15%+ off.

A takeaway: Is saving $300 on the unknown worth it to you vs buying from a company that's been around since the inception of the S and has potentially serviced hundreds of TMC members? Wait for a sale.

@pkalhan do you know why the shoe below costs 70.00 and the one below it costs 170.00?

View attachment 282293

View attachment 282294

Both shoes cost less than $10 to make somewhere in China.

• Funny
Reactions: pkalhan
I checked this site out. The wheels look great, but they are heavy. Decent warranty too. When it comes time for my M3, I'll just go with the 19" and get them powdercoated, and fork over the $ for the 18" winter setup.
The specs I read showed them to be 22 lbs, do
I checked this site out. The wheels look great, but they are heavy. Decent warranty too. When it comes time for my M3, I'll just go with the 19" and get them powdercoated, and fork over the $ for the 18" winter setup.
Just checked again, for my 20" wheels;
23.5 lbs frt, 25 lbs rear

Reactions: TheLocNar
So funny....I, too, have decided Ben is a sell out/whore! Kinda funny that multiple people are coming to that conclusion! Hard to ignorehus Free navD, S facelift, springs, wheels, etc.
Its his full time job now so he has to make money somehow by cross promoting. I think the wheels are nice for the look. They appear to be heavier than stock but are they heavier than Tsportline?

I ordered the 20s. I got a tracking number the beginning of the week and Fedex picked them up yesterday. I’ll have them on the 15th.

For those who are trying to say that T-sportline are somehow better quality I highly doubt it. All of these wheels are made in China and very likely made in the same factory.

T-Sportline might end up being the better company for long term support however i’ve not had enough data points to compare the two yet.

EVT did ship within 1 week of when they said they would when I first ordered so far so good. Better than most kickstarters.
Are the $100 lug nuts for the 18 inch wheels from tsportline also made in China? :)

Last edited: