Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Wheels Direct

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the 20s. I got a tracking number the beginning of the week and Fedex picked them up yesterday. I’ll have them on the 15th.

For those who are trying to say that T-sportline are somehow better quality I highly doubt it. All of these wheels are made in China and very likely made in the same factory.

T-Sportline might end up being the better company for long term support however i’ve not had enough data points to compare the two yet.

EVT did ship within 1 week of when they said they would when I first ordered so far so good. Better than most kickstarters.
How do you like your wheels you ordered from EV Wheel Direct? I am assuming they are currently installed on your TM3.

Ugh, well I would have really liked the 19s (and maybe they will be in stock when I get my car), but I wouldn’t mind the 18s in Black for the ride comfort and efficiency. I do have a question though, since these wheels are +35 regarding fitment and the OEMs are +40, would these require hub rings? If so, where do you get those?

Obviously I nothing about this sort of thing but I like what the aftermarket has to offer compared to the OEM 18” wheel option.

Yes, I am curious to see what @Kenriko thinks about the wheels also. I am really thinking about buying them myself.

They are good just heavy. At 32lbs each for the 20s you're looking at an additional ~40lbs of unsprung weight over the stock 18s. Now that 32lbs is not really surprising for turbine style wheels since the 21s from the S are 35.5ish lbs. The difference in going from 18s to 20s is very close to going from 19s to 21s on the S.

The biggest upgrade you're going to get is better tires. if you got the 18s with all-season tires than good UHP tires are a MASSIVE improvement. You do get better steering feel out of the 20s due to the low profile tires and minimal sidewall flex.

Aside from the weight I have no complaints about the actual wheels, they are good quality and look great.

f19db725-55b2-454f-bb08-07174512b604-jpeg.290291

19c5b2e2-90ff-4a8f-a64f-a6648e3c83d9-jpeg.290549

I saw your YouTube vid about the wheels. What about a follow-up vid? I am curious about the range difference or if you notice a difference in the ride. Also, did you purchase new tpms sensors? I subscribed lol great video by the way.

I'll be having a followup video, I have a ton of videos in the works and that's one of them.

I purchased new TPMS sensors from ebay for $160/set they worked nearly instantly once I swapped the wheels.

I purchased them from here: eurowheelsusa on eBay

Generally I'm getting 270-280wh/mi @ 75mph.

Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
The 20's don't look as big as I thought. I was originally going to go with 19's but now I think I have to get the 20's.

One thing to consider is how high the Model 3 rides on the stock springs. Given the massive amount of fender to tire clearance (the width of my entire palm on all the Model 3s I've seen), it is really hard to visually "fill" the wheel well. Instead of more expensive wheels and tires that degrade range and ride quality, maybe consider lowering the car? That's my plan, using the Unplugged Performance springs that give a 1.5" drop. I think it really helps with the car's aesthetics.

I'll be having a followup video, I have a ton of videos in the works and that's one of them.

I purchased new TPMS sensors from ebay for $160/set they worked nearly instantly once I swapped the wheels.

I purchased them from here: eurowheelsusa on eBay

Generally I'm getting 270-280wh/mi @ 75mph.

Thanks.
Kenriko, thanks for sharing photos and all the info!

I just bought a used Red Model 3 with the 18inch Aeros(hate them!).

I love the turbine look and I wanted to get the 19's or 20's from EV Wheels direct(EVT Wheel for Tesla Model 3 - 19" & 20" ("Turbine" Style)). Any drawbacks with getting the 20's over the 19's? Does it decrease range alot? I'm using my Model 3 as a commuter car.

I've also read mixed reviews about EV Wheels Direct vs Tsportsline. Is there anything to be worried about from your personal experience?

EVTWheel direct recommended 235/40/19 tire size but my local tire shop said these tires wouldn't support the load/weight and recommended 245/40/19. What tire size is appropriate?