Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV Wraps Vinyl vs. Rimetrix Laminars

If you had to choose one look which would it be?

• EV Wraps Vinyl

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Rimetrix Laminars

Votes: 24 80.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mod Y Guy

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2017
California
Currently, I have the Gemini Wheel Covers on, wrapped with the EV Wraps Vinyl. It took like 3 or 4 hours to wrap the covers and they've held up pretty well over the last 5 or so months. I did use Plastidip on the Gemini wheels to conceal the silver ring and have everything blend together more. I'm considering the Rimetrix Laminars but I'm just not convinced I should pull the trigger. I understand it's all subjective but would like to get some opinions and see where the poll results end up. Thanks everyone!

EV Wraps Vinyl

EV Wraps (1).png

EV Wraps (2).png

Rimetrix Laminars

Laminars (1).png

Laminars (2).png

The other thing that's great about the Rimetrix Laminars is that they cover the entire Gemini silver alloy wheel. I don't like the look of that silver band left after wrapping the wheel covers only. I chose to PlastiDip the silver ring in black and it worked out pretty well. I will be receiving the Rimetrix Laminars this week and will have another option for wheel covers. :D

Just got them installed on the Grey MY. Does make the car look more aggressive over the stock hub caps. Also need to keep the tires shiny with these covers on. So far 6.5/10

Attachments

• 860FF446-85A4-449C-B04E-98ACB7CE13BF.jpeg
    860FF446-85A4-449C-B04E-98ACB7CE13BF.jpeg
    597.1 KB · Views: 294
  • B1CA429D-0F8F-415E-A70E-70513A45E9A6.jpeg
    B1CA429D-0F8F-415E-A70E-70513A45E9A6.jpeg
    639.7 KB · Views: 309
Reactions: Gibb
Got around to washing the car today and threw on the Laminars (with Tesla T center cap covers to finish off the look). The photos really don't do it justice, as they look way better in person, and the alloy wheel underneath isn't as noticeable. I'm liking the look, and it's definitely nice to save thousands on wheels and tires, while also keeping the increased range.

Laminars [1].jpeg

Laminars [2].jpeg

Laminars [3].jpeg

Laminars [4].jpeg

Laminars [5].jpeg

Looks great! I am currently installing the EV wraps and I think I’m throwing the away. They just aren’t lining up right and there was some confusion with the center caps I ordered too apparently because they gave me the same color logos as the wrap itself, pretty dumb. Overall I’m not happy with the EV wraps and wish I didn’t waste the money on them, I will be ordering those Rimetrix Laminars.

Got around to washing the car today and threw on the Laminars (with Tesla T center cap covers to finish off the look). The photos really don't do it justice, as they look way better in person, and the alloy wheel underneath isn't as noticeable. I'm liking the look, and it's definitely nice to save thousands on wheels and tires, while also keeping the increased range.

View attachment 807212

View attachment 807213

View attachment 807214

View attachment 807215

View attachment 807216
Where did you find the tesla T center cap covers?

Looks great! I am currently installing the EV wraps and I think I’m throwing the away. They just aren’t lining up right and there was some confusion with the center caps I ordered too apparently because they gave me the same color logos as the wrap itself, pretty dumb. Overall I’m not happy with the EV wraps and wish I didn’t waste the money on them, I will be ordering those Rimetrix Laminars.
The EV wraps vinyl is not an easy project, but it's the cheapest option, and looks pretty good. The Laminars are expensive, for what they are, but are super easy to just pop on and take off. Also, the Laminars fully cover the alloy wheel which is crucial in attaining the right look.

Link?

Also, not sure what you mean about putting an adhesive promoter on the rimetrix center cap? Do the tesla t caps not fit tightly and need an adhesive?
Here

The Tesla T is actually a 56mm sticker that perfectly covers the original Rimetrix center caps. From the reviews, it seems the stickers come off, in prolonged high temps. My thinking was if I used adhesive promoter they might have a better chance of staying on there. Even if the stickers do come off after six months I’ll just buy again for only ten bucks.

Here

The Tesla T is actually a 56mm sticker that perfectly covers the original Rimetrix center caps. From the reviews, it seems the stickers come off, in prolonged high temps. My thinking was if I used adhesive promoter they might have a better chance of staying on there. Even if the stickers do come off after six months I’ll just buy again for only ten bucks.
Ohh, stickers. Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking you found tesla center caps to replace the Rimetrix ones. My bad.

Reactions: Mod Y Guy