Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV6 GT gets track mode out of the box and yet the Y still doesn't....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm seriously contemplating trading in my MYP for one of these. It is probably the first "performance" EV that soundly and objectively beats the MYP in every performance metric.

It's a shame that Tesla has pretty much abandoned any and all innovation when it comes to performance in the MY. Track mode should be a ridiculously easy add for them.

Reactions: Daekwan
I'm seriously contemplating trading in my MYP for one of these. It is probably the first "performance" EV that soundly and objectively beats the MYP in every performance metric.

It's a shame that Tesla has pretty much abandoned any and all innovation when it comes to performance in the MY. Track mode should be a ridiculously easy add for them.
Not sure what performance metric you are referring to that beats the MYP?

Getting track mode is hardly innovation while EV6/I5 have pretty basic "innovation" in their cars.

Only thing that EV6/I5 beats Tesla is the price with tax credit which is about to change (or not). Mediocre at best features, such as HUD, HDA2 and almost 300 lbs heavier, and it does not exist yet or delivered to the customers yet. (not proven anything), and it will depreciate faster and more than others like Tesla and Japanese cars.

In case you didn't know Tesla is improving their cars constantly with parts revisions/updates which has been improving overall quality.

Not sure what performance metric you are referring to that beats the MYP?

Getting track mode is hardly innovation while EV6/I5 have pretty basic "innovation" in their cars.

Only thing that EV6/I5 beats Tesla is the price with tax credit which is about to change (or not). Mediocre at best features, such as HUD, HDA2 and almost 300 lbs heavier, and it does not exist yet or delivered to the customers yet. (not proven anything), and it will depreciate faster and more than others like Tesla and Japanese cars.

In case you didn't know Tesla is improving their cars constantly with parts revisions/updates which has been improving overall quality.

Did you read the article? Faster 0-60, significantly higher max speed (165 iirc), dynamic suspension, track mode. Anything else you need?

Bordering on ridiculous now that the MYP doesn't have some sort of track mode. EV6 GT is getting it out of the box and will probably blow the doors off the MYP. Such a missed opportunity....

Very very impressive 😲 No doubt going for the Tesla performance crown..
South Korea serious & focused; Kinda come short in their not so impressive design 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️

The MYP platform is about 5-6 years old, so it shouldn't be surprising that other automakers can achieve better performance today.

The difference though is that with other Tesla models there has been constant and relentless innovation and improvement to the models that was very noticeable to consumers.

Model 3 saw numerous performance and other improvements in just the first 24 months the model was available.

The rate of innovation seems to be tapering off, could be due to shrinking margins, Tesla coasting too much, etc.

At the end of the day the competition benefits all of us. If nobody pushes Tesla then they will just keep selling marginal iterations of the tech year after year, kind of like what Apple does now that the fire has gone out.

Reactions: Daekwan and BMWY