Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV6 vs MY boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Since June of 2020.
Def want the speed and handling, but also adore the interior space, sound system etc.
other factors?
(Also seeing I can still get ~55k for my 2020 Y LR with 26k miles which is only a few grand less than my purchase price!

Yes. Since June of 2020.
Def want the speed and handling, but also adore the interior space, sound system etc.
other factors?
(Also seeing I can still get ~55k for my 2020 Y LR with 26k miles which is only a few grand less than my purchase price!

Used MY prices are dropping back to normal rather quickly, I'd suspect market price on a 2 year used one is more in the low 50's

Reactions: Pianewman
Yea Elon is doing a great job of lowing our values on the car😀 I have been thinking about this swap just for the ability to turn off the Nannie’s. I want traction control off and all stability off. just when the ass end comes around it shuts the car down and kills the fun. Should have bought the M3P.

yes my 2021 lr with boost and only 5k miles is only worth 46k per carvana. And it’s wrapped and has wheels and full matte ppf film And sway bars/suspension work. If I could get 55k or over it would be gone already. To many Nannie’s this is not a drivers car.

I have never supercharged my car and I think that will be the only downfall the tesla chargers are everywhere. The ev6gt looks like it might be okay if they can keep the batteries from caring fire. I also looked at the gv60. To much luxury for me. Good luck with your decision.

just did try car and only 49k offer

Attachments

• 34FD7B26-1DFE-4A39-A0FD-A2B4FDF77076.jpeg
    34FD7B26-1DFE-4A39-A0FD-A2B4FDF77076.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 02D45197-22D7-42DF-B35D-66965E40A6D6.png
    02D45197-22D7-42DF-B35D-66965E40A6D6.png
    638.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The EV6 (and Ioniq 5) is a fantastic car. Way more conventional than the Tesla and has more stuff. You can configure it a lot more for better regen behaviors between highway, suburban, and traffic driving. And its head-up display is great. Hyundai/Kia 3D camera views crush Tesla for parking. They are no where near as quick and lack the range. I would have bought one of those if I could have found one for close to MSRP.

Briefly had an EV6 non-GT. Good car, small cabin though, felt more like a Model 3 inside with the very high floor. My head was touching the ceiling, I am 6'4".

Acceleration was muted. It was very soft off the line, you can tell that Tesla lets you get all of the raw power right away, whereas everyone else torque limits their EVs. (Guessing the Taycan/e-tron GT don't though!)

App sucked - very slow, the normal legacy-auto "send a command and wait a minute for the car to respond" type of deal. It's little stuff like that, that keeps me going back to Tesla.

I suspect their real world range (highway speeds, inclement weather) will be closer to their stated EPA range vs. the Tesla taking a bigger hit. Tesla stretches the limits of credulity with their MpGE ratings.
Agree. My father has an Ioniq 5, and his actual range exceeds Hyundai's published number. Ditto acceleration - his car is significantly quicker 0-60 than published.