Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVamped Dark Ash Dash Drawer Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, Always found that funny too. Till I found out that this company actually develop the drawer and RPM copied it. I guess they didn’t have a patent on it. At first, I thought it might be misinformation, until I found a video from December 2016 from this company. And then I noticed RPM started selling them in May 2017. You can draw your own conclusions.
and RPM wraps the wood grain on now too...

RPM Tesla

btw, i got 2 of the lights for inside the drawer, it lights up the cabin at night when you open it! :D

I purchased the RPM Tesla drawer to match my carbon fiber trim in my Model X. The left side of the drawer has the gap, but otherwise the fit and finish is great, it "snaps" into place nicely, the price was only about $59 and it shipped quickly. Overall I'm satisfied.

I also got the auto-on LED drawer light....works great! The lights turn on immediately when you open the drawer, and it shuts off automatically after 15 seconds. You can buy the same light on Amazon as well.

For the record, I don't think the OP was trying to advertise for a specific vendor. She was simply providing her review of a product she likes. Nothing wrong with that in my humble opinion.

That is a huge gap on the bottom left? What about inside. Is their rubber inside, just dont smell it ! Smells like old tires.
Do things slid around inside since the rubber is not soft? I threw theirs away as everything moved around inside and make noise when it ht the sides. The velvet lining from RPM Tesla worked best for me. We even tried Evannex's cheap thin one, what a piece that one was !!

I agree, but have found out that the left side of the Tesla cubby slot is actually a slightly reverse angle versus the right side.

There is no way to duplicate that angle, and get an injection molded part out of the mold. Thus a gap.

You can thank Tesla for that design flaw. Maybe it was to make it easier to get things out of the cubby. But it is what it is. I still like a drawer better.
Natalie, you live in the same city as the Guy selling these on Ebay, Hmmmm. You seem to know a lot about injection molding too. I guess it was a nice advertisement !!! WOW

Check out the new figured as wood wrapped front from RPM Tesla. We actually paid $10 more and bought the real leather front, but what matters to me and my husband is customer service.

If you want to see the difference, go to their websites:

1. Can you call Evannex? No way, no phone number, and if you email them you may get a reply in 48 hours. WHAT ???
2. Try EvAmped, same thing, these guys have day jobs and do not provide any help or suggestions. and very expensive
3. Try rpmtesla.com, call them or text them. They always answer promptly !! We just love them!

RPM's prices are always 30% lower than everyone too, with free shipping. Its a no brainer.

We just learned about their new carbon fiber side mirror caps, they will be under $100. 50% less than Evannex, coming out next month !!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_9251.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_9251.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 125
I agree, but have found out that the left side of the Tesla cubby slot is actually a slightly reverse angle versus the right side.

There is no way to duplicate that angle, and get an injection molded part out of the mold. Thus a gap.

You can thank Tesla for that design flaw. Maybe it was to make it easier to get things out of the cubby. But it is what it is. I still like a drawer better.

Natalie, That statement is incorrect. Yes the reverse angle makes it difficult to injection mold and it creates an undercut so a traditional A-B pull mold won't work. However, if they created a slide in the tool it could be done. This costs more tooling $ which is why they didn't do it but it is possible.

Reactions: Jimmy 1