Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVamped Dark Ash Dash Drawer Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I Just got my new Model X with Dark Ash and ordered the Evamped dash drawer. Much to my surprise, it was silly easy to install. I am somewhat mechanical, but this was a breeze. Anyone could install this drawer.

The front finish matched perfectly with my cars interior. If you want to make use of the wasted cubby slot under your touch screen, this fits perfectly. I can hide my spare change as well as keep my lip gloss, etc from flying all over the car.

It also hides things from prying eyes. Highly recommended. This should be a standard option in the car.

IMG_0867 (2).jpg

That must have been designed to match the poor fit and finish of the early Model X's! Look at the gap on the left side, yikes!

I agree, but have found out that the left side of the Tesla cubby slot is actually a slightly reverse angle versus the right side.

There is no way to duplicate that angle, and get an injection molded part out of the mold. Thus a gap.

You can thank Tesla for that design flaw. Maybe it was to make it easier to get things out of the cubby. But it is what it is. I still like a drawer better.

I agree, but have found out that the left side of the Tesla cubby slot is actually a slightly reverse angle versus the right side.

There is no way to duplicate that angle, and get an injection molded part out of the mold. Thus a gap.

You can thank Tesla for that design flaw. Maybe it was to make it easier to get things out of the cubby. But it is what it is. I still like a drawer better.

Well, the ones from Karina (Bjorn did a few videos showcasing her custom handmade drawers) fit much better than these. Also, shouldn't this post be labeled as an advertisement? Usually vendors label their posts as advertisements so that they don't appear shady.

Based on this review, I bought one from EVAmped for my Model S. $89 in piano black, plus $10 shipping. Not perfect, but quite nice. Looks good. Seems to be a bit shorter than the cubby space itself, though. I did not measure, but it was a bit difficult to fit all the stuff into the drawer that previously sat in the cubby. I had forgotten about Norm's. They are the same price and look similar but with different color choices and options.

Based on this review, I bought one from EVAmped for my Model S. $89 in piano black, plus $10 shipping. Not perfect, but quite nice. Looks good. Seems to be a bit shorter than the cubby space itself, though. I did not measure, but it was a bit difficult to fit all the stuff into the drawer that previously sat in the cubby. I had forgotten about Norm's. They are the same price and look similar but with different color choices and options.

Oh, and I should have added that the EVAmped drawer fits well in my Model S. It does not have the gap on the left edge that is shown in a photo above, in someone's Model X.

That drawer looks spot on to the rpm tesla cubby, down to the handles.
Lol, Always found that funny too. Till I found out that this company actually develop the drawer and RPM copied it. I guess they didn’t have a patent on it. At first, I thought it might be misinformation, until I found a video from December 2016 from this company. And then I noticed RPM started selling them in May 2017. You can draw your own conclusions.

Last edited: