Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evanex postage charges!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
I thought to make my first purchase with Evanex today: just a couple of MS key for holders at US$29.90 for the pair.

Plus postage from the US - US$95! I'm sorry, but over AU$100 for a couple of ounces postage is not my idea of fun.

Do they do second mortgages on your home if you order mats?

Postage from US is always an expensive prospect. It's not just Evanex but anyone who actually ships from there. I bought the cupholder insert and postage was the same price again. Sadly it's meant I've had to get other options elsewhere as I would like to support them.

Agreed, but I've bought many items from the States and paid a fraction of that for boxes with weights of 30 TIMES a couple of silicone key fob covers which, after all, would be plonked into an envelope a few inches square. I have said as much to Evanex and await their (any) reply.
Amazon's suppliers have similar at AU$6 including postage from presumably Hong Kong. Disregarding whether the items are of the same quality, $6 including postage is a far cry from US$95 from the States for what is effectively the same weight!

Agreed, but I've bought many items from the States and paid a fraction of that for boxes with weights of 30 TIMES a couple of silicone key fob covers which, after all, would be plonked into an envelope a few inches square. I have said as much to Evanex and await their (any) reply.
Amazon's suppliers have similar at AU$6 including postage from presumably Hong Kong. Disregarding whether the items are of the same quality, $6 including postage is a far cry from US$95 from the States for what is effectively the same weight!
Often you've bought from the US shop, but they ship from their Guangzhou supplier. The product is never on US soil.

I thought to make my first purchase with Evanex today: just a couple of MS key for holders at US$29.90 for the pair.

Plus postage from the US - US$95! I'm sorry, but over AU$100 for a couple of ounces postage is not my idea of fun.

Do they do second mortgages on your home if you order mats?

Welcome to the world of figuring out everybody is ripping you off online. They don't touch the product. You pay $$$, they pay $ and send it to your address.

US $2.27 35% OFF|ZAD Silicone Car Key Cover Case Holder Skin For Tesla Model S P85D P70 3 Buttons remote key protector car styling accessories|car key case cover|key case for car|car key silicone - AliExpress

Select ePacket shipping and bam!

Reactions: jaykaye
OzVic - Probably correct. I did get a reply from Evanex:

Thank you for your feedback regarding the shipping fees. Please be advised these rates are calculated by DHL:
upload_2020-3-26_10-46-56.png

Our recommendation would be to consider adding other items to your cart to better reflect your shipping costs.
Please let us know if we may be of further assistance. We look forward to prioritizing your order.

Best,

Eric Camacho
Director of Customer Support

All I can say is that DHL must have calculated their charge on a Model S, not a Model S Fob cover.......

The postage charges from Abstract Ocean are quite reasonable, but they have only a limited range of items. I bought a keyfob pocket from them.

The fob pocket cost USD 11 and postage was USD 4. This was in 2017.

I can also recommend their extra-bright LED interior lights.

Last edited:
The postage charges from Abstract Ocean are quite reasonable, but they have only a limited range of items. I bought a keyfob pocket from them.

Thanks for that - I've now ordered a couple of fob holders from them. I was impressed by the website and the videos - Brits, that's good!

Shipping was US$4.02 compared with the US$95 with Evanex: OK, slow delivery but Evanex didn't give the option.

I can also recommend their console wraps. A few of us here on this forum have the black carbon fibre look one. Even I could install it and it looks great with no more piano black fingerprints (they have excellent instruction videos). ...Also 17% off with the code 'clover' to the end of the month.

I use MyUS which gives you a US address I checked it and 1Kg is about $32USD delivered in 3-5 days via Fedex. So the DHL price doesn't seem correct.

Yes, and when you think a couple of silicone covers and the packing probably comes in at less than 250gm - letter numbers - there's something wrong somewhere. I can't believe DHL normal delivery is anthing approaching that cost, but was never offered it. Following the recommendation above I've gone to Abstract Ocean.