I keep hearing the statistic "78 percent of U.S. vehicles cover less than 40 miles a day" as a reason not to be anxious about the range of EVs, but remain unconvinced by the logic. Does it mean that 78 percent of U.S. vehicle owners NEVER drive more than 40 miles a day? Surely not? I'm guessing it means "on average", or talks specifically about daily commutes and not weekend / holiday trips. As a statistic to promote the use of plug-in Range Extended electric vehicles, fine and excellent. But, to use it as a reason not to be worried about the range of a pure EV that goes 100 miles is surely avoiding the point - what about that time (once a week, once a month, once a year, whatever) you NEED to drive more than 40 miles? Surely the better statistic would be how often people need to drive MORE than 100 miles? We can then discuss alternatives (hire car, second car, fast charging, destination charging, etc) for those trips. Even driving all the way around my country (Hong Kong), is a trip of 125 miles - so the range of modern EVs will be absolutely fine for people here so long as they have the opportunity to charge while the car is parked overnight or during the day at work. I literally cannot think of any normal driver in Hong Kong who does more than 100 miles in a day - except for Taxis and Buses. Now, I read that Hong Kong is going to trial a few dozen electric taxis - supposedly relying on 220V 13A public charging. Crazy, and is just going to give EVs a bad name when the taxis start running out of power on the streets, or having to drive out of their way to queue up at the few CHAdeMO stations. I'm concerned that we, as EVangelists, over-hype the suitability of EVs for everyone. Even with the longer trips of North American and European drivers, I am still certain that EVs are suitable for 95% of private transportation miles, but we can't just dismiss the other 5%.