Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex CCI front console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Two quick questions about the Evannex CCI:

1) Does the phone slot fit the iPhone 6 Plus which is a lot wider than the iPhone 6?
2) If you get the X2 cup holder add-on, does the tambour door close or is it forced to stay open all the time?
Thanks.

Hi,

1) Does the phone slot fit the iPhone 6 Plus which is a lot wider than the iPhone 6?
2) If you get the X2 cup holder add-on, does the tambour door close or is it forced to stay open all the time?
Thanks.

No idea about the iPhone, but yes, the door will still shut with the extra cup holder in place.

Hi,

Thanks.

As mentioned, the door does close. It works nicely. I don't have the 6 Plus but the iPhone 6s is fairly snug so I can't imagine the Plus fitting unless you maybe inserted it diagonally. To be honest, I find the positioning of the slot to be awkward as it requires coming in and out at a strange angle to miss the existing Tesla center console area. Typically I'll just rest the phone on my seat or in a cup holder.

As mentioned, the door does close. It works nicely. I don't have the 6 Plus but the iPhone 6s is fairly snug so I can't imagine the Plus fitting unless you maybe inserted it diagonally. To be honest, I find the positioning of the slot to be awkward as it requires coming in and out at a strange angle to miss the existing Tesla center console area. Typically I'll just rest the phone on my seat or in a cup holder.

According to the web site it says that the phone caddy is 4 inches by 2 inches which should fit the width of the 6 Plus, which is 3.25 inches wide. Is your phone caddy not as wide? Did Evannex change the design?
thanks

The Phone caddy will fit the 6 plus easily if inserted vertically oriented. I don't use the caddy in that way (it is the place I stash pocket change) but I am certain the 6 plus will fit.
I actually mount my 6 plus with a different system extending off the central stack. I love my CCI and Evannex have incredible service. They took back the first CCI I ordered after I found out they had a Carbon Fiber version, even though I had the first one for a couple of weeks. The folks at Evannex are great!

Peace,
Father Bill

1) No idea on 6+, I also don't use the slot for that. I store a charge cable (plugged in) in there for when someone needs a charge. IMO the phone belongs in the little pocket on the front of the drivers seat. Love that!

2) Yes it closes with the extra cupholder there (but not with a drink in it too).

Also there's "hidden space" under the open cupholder, pull it out and you can stash stuff you don't need much in there. I put the rubber rings in there since my Dunkin' cups don't fit with the rubber inserts but didnt want to lose them.

Also love the CCI. I suspect the Tesla console would have done just as well for me but they couldn't deliver it and when they finally made them they didnt support my interior. Maybe in the X.