Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex center console vs OEM center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish my iPhone 6 plus with minimal case (Pong) would charge.

Just unscrew the bracket for the lightning adapter and stick a piece of a zip-tie underneath it to raise it. Charging problem solved. See this thread.
I have never seen the EVAnnex CCI. I applaud them for bringing something to market long before Tesla. It wasn't for me. Too much space wasted. I got the Tesla OEM console installed several days ago. It is amazing how much stuff can be stored in there. There are not just the 2 cupholders (which I use as dividers), but there is space in front, behind and to the sides of them (well, kind of inbetween).

Artsci has managed to carbon fiber the entire console.

I'm still going with the CCI being a good design, but could be improved in next gen of moving the 2nd cup holder out, enlarge the storage bin, and re-angle the phone pocket.

the unit sits snugly, and I don't see it bounce around at all. In an accident, no idea how it would perform and not willing to find out.

That at being said, I like the CF finish and the lines are clean and the CCI is robust.

Hardly what hat I would call ugly. In fact I like it a lot.

image.jpg

i just got my OEM installed last week. still wish it was obeche matte to match the trim, but at this point i'm just SO GLAD to have something other than my ghetto Rubbermaid bento boxes that were there for over a year!!

the OEM console is far from perfect but looks pretty good and fills the space neatly. in the deep area behind the cupholders i have a full size (square) Kleenex box. perfect fit, and hidden from view for the most part.

there are a couple of things i've been wondering since having it put in last week: (sorry if these were covered in another thread)

1. that small area behind the console's fully-open lid and under the little tray below the 17" screen looks like a perfect area to lose small objects - i'm too scared to try and see if there is anything blocking it from entering that area.

2. the sides of the tray have that felt-like material and the bottom is the original carpet on the floor? what happens if (God forbid), your latte spills in there? how the heck would you clean it? even summertime water bottles leave a lot of condensation and will leave the carpet wet! has anyone rigged any type of plastic tray below the cupholders?

There are a couple of things i've been wondering since having it put in last week: (sorry if these were covered in another thread)

1. that small area behind the console's fully-open lid and under the little tray below the 17" screen looks like a perfect area to lose small objects - i'm too scared to try and see if there is anything blocking it from entering that area.
Yep. I lost something under the USB section already. Took me a few minutes to dig it out. There is nothing to prevent small items from falling under there.

2. the sides of the tray have that felt-like material and the bottom is the original carpet on the floor? what happens if (God forbid), your latte spills in there? how the heck would you clean it? even summertime water bottles leave a lot of condensation and will leave the carpet wet! has anyone rigged any type of plastic tray below the cupholders?
Right. No clue how to clean that out. It won't be pretty though. Personally, I am sticking with the original cup holders and using the console for storage of tons of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, I strongly disagree with anyone calling the EVAnnex CCI junk. My understanding is that it is a quality item. I just dislike it for what I feel is an inadequate use of the storage space. No access to the front space under the cubby and at least a 25% loss of space (guesstimated) on either side of the cup holders. I strive for optimization of space, not lost space. If the CCI did a better job of this, I would have bought this instead of the OEM version. In fact, I think it is time that they went back and improved this somewhat. v2.0. Right now, it looks to me like a tiny storage space and a cup holder. Just does not fit my needs.

I have had a CCI for almost two years and like it. Is it perfect, no, but they brought it to market well ahead of Tesla for early adopters needing drink and cubby space. Evannex offers multiple trim and color options, something that Tesla does not. There is a valid point in the unit not being fixed to the car.

Im not sure the question is as valid any more. I've seen both in person and personally I thought the CCI was better quality than the Tesla one I saw but those are each one data point. Others had an inverse experience.

My my point is Tesla doesn't offer the console for my interior and Evannex does. So if I was making the decision again it would still end up the same way.