Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVAnnex Lighted T

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed my EVAnnex lighted T over the weekend. The install was pretty smooth but I did end up breaking some tabs off of the lift gate trim. I glued them back on where I could and I don't hear any rattles so I think I'm OK. I also needed to find a different wire for the rear plate lights because Tesla changes the colors often. EVAnnex suggest that you leave the old residue on the car to help line up the T. I tried that and the result was that it didn't stay on very well so I cleaned all residue off and re-applied with a single layer of 3M adhesive (extra provided) and it worked great.

Attachments

• IMG_20180427_231115.jpg
    IMG_20180427_231115.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_20180427_231127.jpg
    IMG_20180427_231127.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20180428_000844.jpg
    IMG_20180428_000844.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: puhiniho and Cowby
I need the front emblem to light up.. ANYONE GOT A 3D PRINT FILE OF THE FRONT EMBLEM (Emblem and mounting post) THEY CAN SHARE -- I would love to 3D print one to mess around with, but have no skills with making 3D models.

I installed my EVAnnex lighted T over the weekend. The install was pretty smooth but I did end up breaking some tabs off of the lift gate trim. I glued them back on where I could and I don't hear any rattles so I think I'm OK. I also needed to find a different wire for the rear plate lights because Tesla changes the colors often. EVAnnex suggest that you leave the old residue on the car to help line up the T. I tried that and the result was that it didn't stay on very well so I cleaned all residue off and re-applied with a single layer of 3M adhesive (extra provided) and it worked great.

Agree with all above. And to add that people need to be careful removing the panels as they are very thin and can be cracked on the edges near the tabs if not careful. Using the proper tool helps to spread the force instead of tugging with fingers. Fortunately this did not happen to me, but I have seen it on a couple other cars with lighted T installed. Also agree about removing all the old residue on the T before reinstalling, otherwise you end up with tiny gaps for water to get in between the T and the LED surface, and it's a better seal by removing the residue. Furthermore, I was not a fan of putting sealant in the hole (where wires insert) because as you push the wires in the holes, it also pushes in the sealant away from the hole. I put a tiny amount of sealant right at the base of the wires on the lighted T so when it is re-installed, it gets a better seal around the hole.

Bottom line is that these are nice looking, yet a bit expensive.

Also to add to the above my installer apparently crimped a wire or sensor that was causing the trunk lid to close and reopen with some beeps (intermittent). The SC fixed it without questioning me but in truth it started during the weeks after the Lighted T was installed. I was told it was the sensor that detects a foreign object during the closing of the trunk lid and some sort of wire got crimped. So I guess just be careful that the installer re-positions the existing wires where they were during reassembly. I have not had any problem since it was fixed by the SC.

It's been 6 months since my install and I still love it btw.