Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evannex vs MAXpider: Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Trevor B

Apr 2, 2016
USA
Any thoughts on how these two stack up?

Been looking at Evannex Lux/Ulti mats ... for something that's a bit more "plush" than the cheap-ish OEM mats. I'm also hoping these thicker mats will help with the noise insulation (not that I have a problem now, but any reduction in road noise is always a good thing).

MAXpider looks good as well, but rain/snow isn't really a big factor here in SF. That, and the fugly logo.

Not a big fan of the other "lumpy" mats.

I have the Max on order. The lip just helps keep anything from getting down under the carpet.

To me, the logo isn't that bad - and not as bad as some other brands. You could just paint over it in black as well.

Good point re: the lip.

(Anything's got to be better than the barebones OEM carpet), how does the Maxpider feel when you step on them? Is there a substantial heft/feel to them?

Good point re: the lip.

(Anything's got to be better than the barebones OEM carpet), how does the Maxpider feel when you step on them? Is there a substantial heft/feel to them?
No, no heft. The fit is good, look okay- plain but matches interior well. Easy to clean. The type of mats I want aren’t available yet so these are a good temporary solution.

I have the Maxpider and I think they look GREAT! IMO they have an upscale look as opposed to say Weathertechs which are more with what you would put in a SUV. The texture and look is somewhat similar to the black speaker grills on the lower front door panels, so they match up really well. The two front mats fit GREAT! The rear is a one piece continuous mat which also looks great. The ONLY things I would want them to change is to push back the lip on the Rear center so it's just beyond the end of the seat rails and right below the rear center console vents. The way the lip is now prevents someone who is sitting in the middle rear seat to have their feet all the way flat on the mat-their shoes would be half within the lipped area and the front toes area of your shoes would hand over the lip. I'm not quite sure why they designed it that way since the lip is low enough to avoid any interference to the front seats traveling. There's an Youtube video review of the mats that highlights this and I definitely agree. Oh and of course a more subtle logo would be nice. But otherwise they're the nicest floor liners I've ever seen!

Last edited:
We bought the Maxpider Kagu for our Model S. Immediately ordered a set for our Model 3 when we knew we were getting closer to delivery. Didn't wait until the car came but when I saw them in stock as they also sell out very quickly and there can be a wait on them due to popularity and manufacture/ship time. If I was keeping my other car, I'd be ordering a set for that too. Just like the looks of it, it's waterproof, lightweight and easy to remove and rinse off, and stays in place when installed. To us it's just a much classier look where design and function meet together equally. I do get the comments on the silver logo, not the worst thing IMO, and the rear mat's middle lip at the front seat track I agree seems like it should have instead wrapped around the seat tracks instead of where it runs now. Why it's not the same lip pattern as the set for the Model S I don't know. I think it's clearly a design or manufacturing error where something didn't get conveyed properly. Not a make or break for us by any means--either of those two items--but we also will seldom if ever have someone in the middle back seat where they might find it annoying.

I've never been a fan of carpet mats. Harder to clean if they get wet and muddy and they can stain. It doesn't really snow where we live or drive at the moment but when I lived back east hated snow trampled carpeted mats. Stuff like pebbles etc will work its way down into the carpeting. Not waterproof. God forbid you spill your coffee cup onto the floor. The carpeting will start to look barren over time where one's accelerator foot rests. Eventually I suppose both type of mats will need replacing but we tend to be more low maintenance so the Kagu was the natural choice for us.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of carpet mats. Harder to clean if they get wet and muddy and they can stain. It doesn't really snow where we live or drive at the moment but when I lived back east hated snow trampled carpeted mats. Stuff like pebbles etc will work its way down into the carpeting. Not waterproof. God forbid you spill your coffee cup onto the floor. The carpeting will start to look barren over time where one's accelerator foot rests. Eventually I suppose both type of mats will need replacing but we tend to be more low maintenance so the Kagu was the natural choice for us.

I never understood why they used carpeted mats in cars. I guess it seems more luxurious for the first few trips in the car before it gets trashed by stuff you track in. It just gets gross.