TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Evanston Green Living Festival

Discussion in 'News' started by mt2, Oct 1, 2009.

1. mt2

mt2 Member

The city of Evanston, Illinois (just north of Chicago) is having their third annual Green Living Festival. I couldn't find any references to Tesla Motors on their web site, but according to the Tesla Stores page, "Tesla Motors will have a Roadster on display at the festival and staff from the Chicago store will be ready to answer questions." It's free and not a lot further from my house than my work place (about an hour).

I'm there, dude! Anyone else?

2. Lancelac

Lancelac 2010 Roadster Sport #690

Not sure if I'll be able to make it there, but my Roadster will be the one on display so I can verify that Tesla will be there for sure. :)

3. samcarney

samcarney Sam C

Sounds like a nice drive from the south suburbs. Will there be parking for Tesla Drivers? I can be there but not until afternoon.

4. Seneca_Chicago

Seneca_Chicago Sales Advisor

Yes, I will be there with Lancelac's Very Orange Roadster Sport... a beautiful car! If you come, please say hello and introduce yourself.

5. mt2

mt2 Member

Fantastic! I'll bring my camera so my wife can take photos of Security forcibly removing me from your car.

Kidding! Can't wait to see your car and chat up the Tesla staff.

6. mt2

mt2 Member

I sure will, Seneca. Like Sam, we (my wife and I) won't be there until the afternoon. Be prepared for a barrage of questions about the progress of the Chicago store.

7. mt2

mt2 Member

Well, we missed you Sam. Got there a little late. Wasn't much of a "festival", really. But they had Lancelac's Roadster front and center. Got to meet Molly and Seneca, nice folk, both of them. Looking forward to doing business with them when the store opens.

Didn't get many photos, but here's a couple.
    3978456528_381fafbc99.jpg

3977696561_70655b7600.jpg
    That would be Seneca with his hand on the trunk.

8. Tdave

Tdave Member

#8 Tdave, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2009
  9. Seneca_Chicago

10. mt2

mt2 Member

Ha! I was going to ask Sam where he parked. The parking situation was really bad and we got lucky to find a spot near a corner. But, uh, it looks like Sam found himself an even better spot.

11. Seneca_Chicago

nice to meet you as well Mark.

12. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth. At our regular SoCal Greenspeed events we always run hours late answering questions.

13. samcarney

samcarney Sam C

Mark, when you arrive at a "Green event" with a Roadster you instantly get celebrity status:cool:, thus insuring a front row parking spot.

I' m sorry I missed you. I will be at the Cool Ride Clean Choice event in Naperville next weekend. Maybe I'll see you there?

14. mt2

mt2 Member

Love to, but I'm heading the opposite direction (Milwaukee) next weekend. Regardless, all us Mid-Western Tesla Motors fans will probably meet up at the Chicago store opening in a few weeks (provided it doesn't conflict with Thanksgiving plans).