Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVCS & West Coast Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EVCS has been hard at work replacing the old Aeronvironment/Webasto DC-chargers (at least in Oregon). I have been impressed by how quickly they have been updating the stations (following on PlugShare). I used to the Aeronviroment chargers with my Leaf and with my Tesla until they became unreliable (before EVCS bought them up).

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck with the new EVCS ones! Anyone have any luck charging at these new EVCS installed chargers and the 'West Coast Electric Highway'? With the CHAdeMO adapter of course! I've tried three spots (Veneta, Scappoose, Cascade Locks) and can't get them going! It's not my adapter as I've been able to charge at three other spots non-EVCS (Chargepoints, Electric Avenue, etc.)

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Along these lines it appears that Hwy 12 will be getting 8 DC charging stations by the end of the year. Packwood (and Hwy 12 in general) have been #1 on my list for most wanted supercharger sites for a while so super happy to see it as this should enable many My Rainier and White Pass trips. However, based upon the other DC fast charging stations installed By Energy NW these will likely just be 50kW and have a single Chademo/CCS plug per station:

Along these lines it appears that Hwy 12 will be getting 8 DC charging stations by the end of the year. Packwood (and Hwy 12 in general) have been #1 on my list for most wanted supercharger sites for a while so super happy to see it as this should enable many My Rainier and White Pass trips. However, based upon the other DC fast charging stations installed By Energy NW these will likely just be 50kW and have a single Chademo/CCS plug per station:

My friend contacted the White Pass Scenic Byway to get the charger locations.

WhitePassProjectMap_4212022.png

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and Guvnah
My friend contacted the White Pass Scenic Byway to get the charger locations.

View attachment 801345
Don’t take this as settled, but there might be some issues. Spoke with someone at ENW and WSDOT is requesting very specific criteria that might not be readily available in some of the more rural areas (like future-proofing sites with 2x 350 KW or something like that). I would bet that something will happen, but the future is still uncertain.

Was that recently? I spoke with someone from ENW yesterday, and it sounded like the grant had been made, and the chargers would all be 50-125kW. As you said, they would like more power, but it is really hard to get in those areas.