Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eve for Tesla from MyQ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. Sorry, forget it. Eve for Tesla is abandonware. I paid for it and had to do a chargeback. You'll need to buy the homelink transmitter for $300 or so (they will install for that same money though). I do use iPhones and an Apple Watch, so I installed Homebridge and the extensions for Chamberlain MyQ and that works well on the occasions the Tesla gets confused.

Nope. Sorry, forget it. Eve for Tesla is abandonware. I paid for it and had to do a chargeback. You'll need to buy the homelink transmitter for $300 or so (they will install for that same money though). I do use iPhones and an Apple Watch, so I installed Homebridge and the extensions for Chamberlain MyQ and that works well on the occasions the Tesla gets confused.
Thanks, wow, that Eve is real teaser. Maybe I will look into Tesla installed Homelink.

Thank you

I used the Simple Commands app; you can use the app to create a given routine, then once the routine is complete you can generate a shortcut for it on your phone. It worked flawlessly for me. Sorry, there was an intermediate app beyond the MyQ one that I didn't specify in my earlier comment.

How does the Telsa get confused with MyQ and HomeBridge.
Mine runs flawslessly for months until Chamberlain updates their API…. And that hasn’t happened in months (knock on wood).

Homelink has worked flawlessly for me from day one, well worth the cost IMO. I also have the MyQ which is handy for telling you when you leave the garage door open or opening it remotely. I think it's good to have both.

Reactions: Tha_Ape
Thanks, wow, that Eve is real teaser. Maybe I will look into Tesla installed Homelink.

Thank you
I considered EVE, but rejected it due to the need for a monthly payment (just to open a garage door? are you kidding?). So I just had the Homelink installed and would have gladly paid the $325 when I bought the car to have it installed prior to delivery if that were an option. The installer came to my house and did it in about 15 min (be sure to have the part ready for them, they won't have one). It works fine. One nice feature is it will open the door when I get within a set distance from it (I have mine set to 20 ft). It can close it too, when you leave. Another way all you have to do is drive the car, everything else just works as required on it's own.

How does the Telsa get confused with MyQ and HomeBridge.
Mine runs flawslessly for months until Chamberlain updates their API…. And that hasn’t happened in months (knock on wood).
It’s not that it gets confused with either of those, its that Homelink has no condition state and also sometimes doesn’t fire properly. I have added Homebridge on a Raspberry Pi and set up an automation so that when I leave the house both garage doors and the lights are off.

HA talking to MyQ here. I use an automation with input booleans from our phone trackers to know if either of us is away, and using the HA unofficial Tesla integration to use state of car as ‘not_home’ to know what car is driving. The combo of person arriving home and person driving knows which garage door to auto open. Then they close after 5 minutes or when everyone is away.

I considered EVE, but rejected it due to the need for a monthly payment (just to open a garage door? are you kidding?). So I just had the Homelink installed and would have gladly paid the $325 when I bought the car to have it installed prior to delivery if that were an option. The installer came to my house and did it in about 15 min (be sure to have the part ready for them, they won't have one). It works fine. One nice feature is it will open the door when I get within a set distance from it (I have mine set to 20 ft). It can close it too, when you leave. Another way all you have to do is drive the car, everything else just works as required on it's own.
Same exact scenario here, I was hopeful that my MyQ garage opener would be simple to integrate since it's connected to my wifi but clearly wasn't the case. I just purchased the Homelink as well, set to install it in about a week just to have the seamless integration.