TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

EVE For Tesla?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by energy7, Dec 15, 2016.

1. energy7

energy7 Member

Does anyone use EVE for Tesla? I'm a bit of a tinkerer and found EVE, which allows you to customize the Tesla UI and add apps including home controllers. You need to subscribe either monthly or yearly so I'm wondering what the experience has been so far with anyone who's running it.

2. ig_epower

ig_epower Member

I bought a year's worth of app and was hoping the mail app could connect to my work server. No such luck. I should have only bought a month's worth to see if it would work for me - lesson learned. I didn't find any of the other apps to be useful for me.

• Informative x 2
  3. an2ony

an2ony Member

I subscribed on a monthly basis but like @ig_epower I couldn't configure the exchange e-mail feature so I cancelled. In principal its a great idea but in practice its very slow and not really usable.

I am sure thats more to do with the browser limitations and not neccessarily the EVE build itself.

• Informative x 1
  4. rog

rog Member

It's a great concept and is probably pushing the envelop in terms of what is possible with the browser. But it is a resource hog, and it regularly freezes up the whole center console (!!), so I stopped using it.

• Informative x 1