Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Even better look (maybe) at the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good screen grab. Liking what I'm seeing so far.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...a-model-3-prototypes-under-those-sheets-video

tesla-design-studio-screencap-from-australian-60-minutes_100521463_m.jpg

The car in the far right of the pic looks like a Model S, no? It's much wider than the half-sedan/half-CUV Model 3 and it definitely resembles the S...

I will say I HOPE that right-most car is a 3, because it looks low, wide, and sexy under that cover.

I suspect that the covered car on the far right is the Model 3 sedan. The "weirdmobile" half-n-half is simply the two variants (CUV and sedan) derived from the same Model 3 platform, siamesed for whatever reason. The exposed car on the far left is just an early Model X clay.

The car in the far right of the pic looks like a Model S, no? It's much wider than the half-sedan/half-CUV Model 3 and it definitely resembles the S...
I will say I HOPE that right-most car is a 3, because it looks low, wide, and sexy under that cover.

Not TOO wide I hope. I would trade some interior room, appearance, and cornering stance, for the ability to fit in compact parking spaces comfortably.

I appreciate that many mid-sized cars (like Prius, LEAF, etc.) are < 70" wide.

Not TOO wide I hope. I would trade some interior room, appearance, and cornering stance, for the ability to fit in compact parking spaces comfortably.

I appreciate that many mid-sized cars (like Prius, LEAF, etc.) are < 70" wide.
Ditto on that. The Model S is an extremely wide car, hopefully the Model 3 doesn't repeat that.

1) OP: That is not Model ≡.

2) Model ≡ is bound to be wider than contemporaries from BMW, AUDI, and Mercedes-Benz.

Increased width has advantages (safety, stability, storage) and Tesla can afford it due to added rigidity from battery. However, increased width adds weight. If battery pack will occupy floor space as it in MS width and wheel base will be a function of battery pack size at maximum capacity.

With that said, if motor's are to be interchangeable between platforms (which makes sense), motor size/mounting may dictate minimum width.