Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Even better look (maybe) at the Model 3

igotzzoom

May 26, 2013
Mission Viejo, CA
Good screen grab. Liking what I'm seeing so far.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news...a-model-3-prototypes-under-those-sheets-video

tesla-design-studio-screencap-from-australian-60-minutes_100521463_m.jpg

ryanjm

Tesla Podcast Host
Oct 10, 2009
San Francisco, CA
The car in the far right of the pic looks like a Model S, no? It's much wider than the half-sedan/half-CUV Model 3 and it definitely resembles the S...

I will say I HOPE that right-most car is a 3, because it looks low, wide, and sexy under that cover.

gjunky

Trifecta: Solar and both cars are EVs
Mar 26, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
And in the video (60 minutes Australia) they were scrapping some clay from it so I assume they don't care anymore.

wallet.dat

Sep 4, 2013
SW
I suspect that the covered car on the far right is the Model 3 sedan. The "weirdmobile" half-n-half is simply the two variants (CUV and sedan) derived from the same Model 3 platform, siamesed for whatever reason. The exposed car on the far left is just an early Model X clay.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
The car in the far right of the pic looks like a Model S, no? It's much wider than the half-sedan/half-CUV Model 3 and it definitely resembles the S...
I will say I HOPE that right-most car is a 3, because it looks low, wide, and sexy under that cover.

Not TOO wide I hope. I would trade some interior room, appearance, and cornering stance, for the ability to fit in compact parking spaces comfortably.

I appreciate that many mid-sized cars (like Prius, LEAF, etc.) are < 70" wide.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
Not TOO wide I hope. I would trade some interior room, appearance, and cornering stance, for the ability to fit in compact parking spaces comfortably.

I appreciate that many mid-sized cars (like Prius, LEAF, etc.) are < 70" wide.
Ditto on that. The Model S is an extremely wide car, hopefully the Model 3 doesn't repeat that.

Vitold

Aug 10, 2015
NM
1) OP: That is not Model ≡.

2) Model ≡ is bound to be wider than contemporaries from BMW, AUDI, and Mercedes-Benz.

Increased width has advantages (safety, stability, storage) and Tesla can afford it due to added rigidity from battery. However, increased width adds weight. If battery pack will occupy floor space as it in MS width and wheel base will be a function of battery pack size at maximum capacity.

With that said, if motor's are to be interchangeable between platforms (which makes sense), motor size/mounting may dictate minimum width.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC