Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Event moved to Wednesday the 19th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would suppose the contributor and her husband actually saved the money, because laying it around sounds like a quite silly idea indeed.

And come to think of it: a 50K$ Mk1 roadster could today perhaps be a type of investment...

The tenor of the comments that I am talking about is: Hey - I want a Tesla so instead of waiting and saving my money - I'll just pick up a $100K roadster while I wait for my $35K M3. No problem.
Same here! I do work hard, have a well paid job, live in a rich country, I don't have a family (no wife or kids).

I could afford a $100K car, but I would have to cut corners everywhere..

I smell a drop in the stock price on Monday. :rolleyes:
I don't worry about such things. TSLA seems to be in good company. Here's why:

Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
BMW (ETR) 76.34EUR Price decrease 0.50 (0.65%)

Berkshire Hathaway Inc. Class A
BRK.A (NYSE) 215,390.00USD Price decrease 980.00 (0.45%)

Ford Motor Company
F (NYSE) 11.90USD Price decrease 0.01 (0.13%)

General Motors Company
GM (NYSE) 31.60USD Price decrease 0.27 (0.85%)

Honda Motor Co Ltd (ADR)
HMC (NYSE) 29.18USD Price decrease 0.24 (0.80%)

Tesla Motors Inc
TSLA (NASDAQ) 192.85USD Price decrease 3.66 (1.86%)

VOLKSWAGEN AG Sponsored ADR
VLKAY (OTCMKTS) 28.69USD Price decrease 0.32 (1.10%)

Volkswagen AG Preference Shares
VOW3 (ETR) 119.65EUR Price decrease 0.95 (0.79%)

I buy my TSLA stock in fractional increments via Sharebuilder(now Capital One).

My buys are scheduled for every other Tuesday at around 11am.

For some reason, my transaction didn't go through until around Noon ET.

I'd like to thank CNBC's sloppy journalism, as it allowed me to scoop up a little more than normal at a bargain price, and by the end of the day, I was already making a profit on the shares I just purchased hours earlier.

Sometimes someone else's sloppy reading comprehension skills can work in your favor.

Reactions: Red Sage
There have been no press invites as far as I know so that limits things a little.

Seth Weintraub, one of the co-founders of Electrek, tweeted (and quickly deleted) a tweet a few minutes ago. I didn't capture it, but it said (paraphrasing mine):

"Last minute guess for product announement: powerwalls sold in tesla stores"

Sorry I didn't capture the tweet. but I replied to him and said: "You say last minute as if you know what time the announcement will be". His tweet was immediately deleted.

Soooo....this could be another "launch" similar to the P100D. A conference call with a select few media, with a "release embargo", followed by Tesla and Elon making the announcements via Twitter and the webpage, and then opening it up to the media.

We shall see, I guess.

Reactions: Red Sage