Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Event moved to Wednesday the 19th

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure about this article, the date is wrong, saying the event is on the 20th? Tesla Model Y Crossover revealing on October 20th! | Opptrends
From the article:
"What saddens us additionally is the fact that today was the day when the Tesla Model Y crossover, according to all the massive evidence, was supposed to be shown to the world. Apparently, they didn’t want to jump the gun and show the unprepared vehicle, and they took an additional day or two to implement some last minute refinements"
What "massive evidence"? Love how these people just make sh*t up and try to make it sound authoritative.

Reactions: Red Sage
From the article:

What "massive evidence"? Love how these people just make sh*t up and try to make it sound authoritative.

Seriously. the only evidence of the Model Y was its mention in the Master Plan Part Deux.

But there was no timetable given. And no real details, other than it would be based off the Model 3 chassis....which realistically only has a handful of functioning examples in the world.

So it COULD be Model Y. (not likely). and if it is....it's nothing but pictures of it.

I'm hopeful it's Model 3 related.

There are a lot of naysayers out there regarding Tesla's ability to meet the production goals for Model 3. It would be a nice slap in their face if he had something to show today.

Musk tweeted at 12:24 California time: "This is also what I was alluding to by Model 3 part 2"

Whoa! Today's announcement is the second part of the Model 3 reveal? Since it is not a live stage event, I would guess that Tesla is going to reveal much more detail about the Model 3. That is fantastic news, if my guess is correct. Or I could be wrong...

• Love
Reactions: Red Sage and EinSV
It would make sense from a business standpoint to announce better range and some more details right before the Bolt starts getting sold. Kind of naughty too! :p

I didn't think it would be anything about the Model Y now or anytime soon. Why announce a product that may well cannibalize sales from the first one you have coming out?

Musk tweeted at 12:24 California time: "This is also what I was alluding to by Model 3 part 2"

Whoa! Today's announcement is the second part of the Model 3 reveal? Since it is not a live stage event, I would guess that Tesla is going to reveal much more detail about the Model 3. That is fantastic news, if my guess is correct. Or I could be wrong...
Couple this with the tweet from the TeslaMotors (rather than Elon's) twitter account a few days ago about "Unveiling a new Tesla product this Wednesday", could this mean that there are two unrelated announcements today (Model 3 Part 2 and something else entirely), or that the new product is something that will be utilized across the board including in the Model 3 (which is being unveiled in greater detail today in Part 2)?

Last edited:
Couple this with the tweet from the TeslaMotors (rather than Elon's) twitter account about "Unveiling a new Tesla product this Wednesday", could this mean that there are two unrelated announcements today, or that the new product is something that will be utilized across the board including the Model 3?
Could both be right. If they're announcing what's begun to be called Glass or Vision, both could be considered new independent products intended for Model 3 but eventually making it into the rest of Tesla's lineup. So it could be both a "new product", and Part 2 of the Model 3 announcement.

Couple this with the tweet from the TeslaMotors (rather than Elon's) twitter account a few days ago about "Unveiling a new Tesla product this Wednesday", could this mean that there are two unrelated announcements today, or that the new product is something that will be utilized across the board including the Model 3 (which is being unveiled in greater detail today)?

Maybe we read it wrong all along.

Maybe the ANNOUNCEMENT is new.

But not necessarily the product itself.

Hhmmmmmmm.