Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eventual performance boost option for LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally think that Tesla will release a boost option for the LR models. I also think they will make an improvement off the line for the performance model as I feel like it’s struggles from 0 to 10 mph, which is torque limited. Maybe down the line they will release Ludacris mode for all the P models LOL

Coming from ICE I love it but slightly less zip than my brother in law's model 3 non performance. Exactly what I expected given extra weight and size.

Oooo - perfect feedback. I just sold my dual motor 3. So you're saying the Y just feels slightly less quick. From a stop, or a roll? Seems tesla has limited the Y's power from a stop.

@ pt - yeah I think motortrend or one of the mags actually posted a 1/4 mile of the dual motor trapping 114mph, which is crazy impressive (like, thats fast). I wish they gave me more data on that number.

Oooo - perfect feedback. I just sold my dual motor 3. So you're saying the Y just feels slightly less quick. From a stop, or a roll? Seems tesla has limited the Y's power from a stop.

@ pt - yeah I think motortrend or one of the mags actually posted a 1/4 mile of the dual motor trapping 114mph, which is crazy impressive (like, thats fast). I wish they gave me more data on that number.
MY PUP is not sluggish at all -- almost lost consciousness yesterday flooring it...