Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever been accused of working for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wraithnot

Model 3 VIN #2942 Model S VIN #5785
Dec 16, 2012
SF Bay Area
I was driving home from work today and about a block from my house two of the guys from the neighborhood started waving frantically at me. I pulled over and rolled down the window and they asked what kind of car I was driving. It turns out they had been watching me drive home for the past two weeks and were arguing with each other about what kind of car it was. I put on the hazard lights, put the car in park, and got out and did my standard "Tesla time" routine of showing off the frunk, door handles, touch screen, etc. and answered all the standard questions about range, charging, and the like. I must have been really enthusiastic because one of the guys asked if I worked for Tesla! Has this happened to anyone else? I told him that I just really liked the car and us owners happily show off the car to anyone who is interested because Tesla doesn't advertise and we want to make sure they stay in business.

As an added bonus, I met two neighbors that I had driven by for the past four years and never actually met.

------------------
Edit: I am helpless without my spell checker. Please pretend I spelled "accused" correctly in the title of the thread.

Hundreds of times...I've even had some argue with me and say that because I was at an auto show, I had to be a paid representative because volunteers weren't allowed.

When I am going to spending a fair amount of time in a location like that, I often wear a "volunteer" badge because the default assumption is that you work for the company - but people believe you more when they find out you are an owner rather than an employee.

I also work for Tesla for free... but that's true, many people ask me if I work for them as I know so well all the details of the car... Waiting for almost 4 years, helps a lot to know so many things about the car...
BTW, if Tesla needs help in Canada, I'll please to join the team :wink:

More times than I can remember, and even by my wife!

P.S. title fixed

Thanks Nigel. And I agree this is a more appropriate place for the post than the general Model S forum.

It also sounds like if I've only been accused of working for Tesla once then I need to put in some more effort to catch up to everyone else :)

But I think I've already convinced at least two people to buy a Model S. Tesla should give us a free frunk net or a shirt for successful referrals. . .