Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever get "Software update available" after you installed the update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night I installed 2020.4.1. This morning car displayed the usual update notes, etc. All seemed like business as usual.

About an hour ago, Tesla app notified me of a new software update....and it's to install 2020.4.1

Odd!

Very common for the app to be delayed. I often get smart summon and notifications 3 to 4 minutes after I'm already driving away. Some of us don't get charging almost all completed either. Wouldn't surprise me that it said software update available in a form of a delay as well.

I had the same thing occur last night as well. I went to check on the car once I received the duplicate "Software Update Available" notification. It had ostensibly finished the main firmware upgrade (the instrument cluster was responsive and music played), but the MCU displayed something like "Updating Autopilot Software" and was maybe 1/3 through that. Maybe half an hour later, I received the notification that the software update had completed.

I only initialized the update via the app the first time and I ignored the second notification.