Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ever Seen This On Your Seats? ...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

So I have a bottle of hand sanitizer and a lint roller on my passenger seat. I believe some of the sanitizer leaked onto the handle of the lint roller and left a stain on my seat that won’t come off.

Any help would really be appreciated!

upload_2020-4-5_18-21-58.jpeg
upload_2020-4-5_18-21-58.jpeg

Eek. So...hand sanitizer is primarily alcohol which dissolves many dyes. (I had a blue hand the other day thanks to this), I’d rather have a blue hand than this.

alcohol should be the first thing you try (squirt some of that sanitizer if you must).

You’ll want to work from least harsh to most harsh on your attempts. (Someone will undoubtably be here shortly to recommend magic eraser), this should be one of the last things you try. It’s an abrasive, and you run the risk of ruining the seat. So try less intense solutions first.

Eek. So...hand sanitizer is primarily alcohol which dissolves many dyes. (I had a blue hand the other day thanks to this), I’d rather have a blue hand than this.

alcohol should be the first thing you try (squirt some of that sanitizer if you must).

You’ll want to work from least harsh to most harsh on your attempts. (Someone will undoubtably be here shortly to recommend magic eraser), this should be one of the last things you try. It’s an abrasive, and you run the risk of ruining the seat. So try less intense solutions first.
Thanks so much, I’ll give it a try fingers crossed!