Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVERCHARGE Quote - what did you pay?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a quote for roughly 4K. I was expecting 2K - maybe I am just off?

110 feet of wire from box to my Parking spot. I was told the job would be completed in one day - so didn't think it was tough logistically.
Let me know what you think. I would love to hear from those who had similar installations before I move forward.

Thanks!

Get at least three quotes, they will be all over the board. Hide the Tesla when they come to quote. I had bids from $700 to $3000. The cheap guy was a small independent with one helper and did a good job. 4K sounds way high.

Tdriver, This is helpful. I thought I had to use the preferred Tesla electrician?? You were able to use a small independent electrician with Evercharge?? How much feet between the station and your box? Thanks!

The HPWC or NEMA 14-50 is not rocket science. A good licensed electrician shouldn't have problems with it.
My run about 70 ft with a new sub panel in the garage 100amp service was $1400. Tesla recommended was $3000. I went with my local guy that I had worked with before.

Thanks Griffinlair. New Yorkers - any one have a recommended Electrician who did this type of installation in the past with success? This could be a bit tricky because I may want to use Evercharge, since i have to reimburse the garage that I use.

Appreciate it!

The HPWC or NEMA 14-50 is not rocket science. A good licensed electrician shouldn't have problems with it.
My run about 70 ft with a new sub panel in the garage 100amp service was $1400. Tesla recommended was $3000. I went with my local guy that I had worked with before.

100ft, new sub panel = $2,600. Tesla recommended shot down the idea because he wanted to sell me the meter... I am trying to get another quote, but the car's delivery date has been moved up 2 weeks(!)

I paid around 1300 bucks and had to bust my ass digging my own trench. My situation was not ordinary though. Look through my post history and you'll see my thread.

edit: independent electrician, the tesla certified guy was nice and came in pretty close too though, maybe 1500 if i remember right...

I just got a quote for roughly 4K...!
mune was 60ft, but with lots of bureaucratic issues. I had to pay $5,000 including for the EverCharge box. This did include city permits also, and the installation was entirely within common area.

fir me the price was ridiculous, but at the time there was no other alternative. The shocker came when EverCharge installed a 208/30 and intend it to support up to five cars. Even that pales because the charging has yet to work properly after months of changed equipment, updated software etc. my recommendation: if you have another choice, make it. Despite the poor condition, EverCharge continues to work assiduously to try to fix it. Problem is, this stuff ain't hard!