Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eversource approval for solar?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So as of 10/29, Tesla has not informed Eversource of the passed inspection by the town. When I exchanged email with my advisor he says that the group that files paperwork with the utilities is "backed up". So at this point the delay in getting PTO is squarely on Tesla. The documents that I previously signed for Eversource claim that they will install the new meters within 10 days of getting the paperwork including the passed inspection. o_O

I had my Tesla install last week and passed town inspection today. Is there was a way you had visibility into where the hold ups were; did you contact Tesla or Eversource directly?

I’m itching to turn on my inverter and hate being in the dark on where things are in the process.
I really hope it doesn’t take 2 months like yours.

Reactions: kayak1
hey! Congrats on your new solar system and the system activation.

I just got my city inspection done this week and waiting for the approval based on some of the revised layout plan asked by the inspector.

Quick Question:- while you had the bridged meter from eversource, how did they bill you on your actual usage from the grid? Did you got an estimated bill?

Cheer!!!!

The socket for the new meter was also installed but bridged until Eversource comes to install it and to replace the regular meter with a net metering version. P

hey! Congrats on your new solar system and the system activation.

I just got my city inspection done this week and waiting for the approval based on some of the revised layout plan asked by the inspector.

Quick Question:- while you had the bridged meter from eversource, how did they bill you on your actual usage from the grid? Did you got an estimated bill?

Cheer!!!!
The meter that was bridged is the new solar production meter, not the consumption meter. The original consumption meter stayed in place until they replaced it with the net metering meter.

The meter that was bridged is the new solar production meter, not the consumption meter. The original consumption meter stayed in place until they replaced it with the net metering meter.

Interesting.. tesla installers bridged the main meter for me .. left the original meter hanging by a spare wire nearby.. I got this months bill based on an estimate on last year's usage. I do turn on the solar to get some charge on the batteries once in a while. But technically I have no monitoring on my grid usage, just a speculated usage bill based on my previous usage.