Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Every time I get into my new M3 music doesn’t autoplay and it tells me to “Choose Media Source”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, playing Spotify on my phone and then getting in car later seems to confuse Spotify. Sometimes it picks up where I left off on phone.
But right now I have lost Premium Connectivity on GPS and it's paid monthly auto pay???

Been doing some more troubleshooting and I’m pretty sure it has to do with Sentry mode. I was reading a TMC forum post about how the car never really turns off in sentry mode. So I turned off Sentry mode and sure enough now when I get in my car Spotify is autoplaying. Curious if you all that are running into the issue also have Sentry mode on

Reactions: SeanyJ
Been doing some more troubleshooting and I’m pretty sure it has to do with Sentry mode. I was reading a TMC forum post about how the car never really turns off in sentry mode. So I turned off Sentry mode and sure enough now when I get in my car Spotify is autoplaying. Curious if you all that are running into the issue also have Sentry mode on
I do usually have sentry mode on, will test this out!

Reactions: luckofBrian
I have sentry mode set to off when at home, and spotify will not autoplay from home. When sentry mode is active away from home, same behavior. Will not autoplay anymore.

I had a chance to test this a bit today. I usually always have sentry mode on, but have my home excluded so it doesn’t go on. When I got in the car this to leave Spotify came on right away as you would expect.

Went to my first stop, left sentry mode on was out of the car for maybe 15 minutes and when I got back in it asked me to select the audio source.

I turned off sentry mode completely and drove to my next stop, again was in there for about 15 minutes came out and music played right away, no issues.

So it seems promising, will be a better test tomorrow. I usually have sentry mode on all day at work, so tomorrow I will leave it off and see what happens.

Reactions: luckofBrian
I had a chance to test this a bit today. I usually always have sentry mode on, but have my home excluded so it doesn’t go on. When I got in the car this to leave Spotify came on right away as you would expect.

Went to my first stop, left sentry mode on was out of the car for maybe 15 minutes and when I got back in it asked me to select the audio source.

I turned off sentry mode completely and drove to my next stop, again was in there for about 15 minutes came out and music played right away, no issues.

So it seems promising, will be a better test tomorrow. I usually have sentry mode on all day at work, so tomorrow I will leave it off and see what happens.
Even if it works, that's not an acceptable solution IMO. I want sentry mode.

Came looking to see if others are having same situation as I started having just today. Made a phone call using car to place call and went fine, hung up and then no audio for my FM news channel I always listen to. Parked car for several hours (will add I use Sentry at this location) and hoped it was resolved when I came back. Nope.

None of my FM radio stations I have listed under Favorites will send Audio and the Black Stop button is seen. Cannot get it to play. I even tried direct tuning one of the channels but no luck. Now interesting enough my phone audio in the car is still working and so is audio for streaming (TuneIn station) and works on my favorite saved music choices like Romance. I don’t use Spotify. I was wondering if my FM antenna stopped working, but given people’s comments here at least now I think it’s not the issue. I had an update not that long ago (2022.8.2) but my FM only just today stopped working so doesn’t seem to be direct result to update. I didn’t try a reboot yet BTW. Think the car automatically does a reboot after new updates installed. On the FM channels I have saved it does say “Choose Media Source” under the radio station name.