Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everybody give up. I have the magic Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I have your attention is there anybody that has seen this strange anomaly.
20191016_151949-small.jpg

20191016_151747-small.jpg

The car was just parked, NOT charging, no weird weather changes, etc. I have never seen this before and when I asked at the Service Center they were pretty much baffled as well saying they have never seen this either. Of course they also said they would past this along to all the higher ups that hold all the secrets and would get back to me with an answer. But as you might have already guessed I have not heard back from them.
Sooooo- do I have the only magic Tesla that can produce its power from thin air (or an explanation for this)or does somebody else have one too?
Enquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:
Now that I have your attention is there anybody that has seen this strange anomaly.
View attachment 466865

View attachment 466864

The car was just parked, NOT charging, no weird weather changes, etc. I have never seen this before and when I asked at the Service Center they were pretty much baffled as well saying they have never seen this either. Of course they also said they would past this along to all the higher ups that hold all the secrets and would get back to me with an answer. But as you might have already guessed I have not heard back from them.
Sooooo- do I have the only magic Tesla that can produce its power from thin air (or an explanation for this)or does somebody else have one too?
Enquiring minds want to know!
Sure is magic... disappears when you try to look at it.

So, what am I looking at?

You parked your car from 14:x1 to 14:47 and the battery was at 56%.

You then parked your car from 15:00 to 16:08 and the battery was magically at 53%.

So, the magic number here is the loss of 3% in a matter of 2 hours?
Post is pretty unclear, but I think OP is trying to say his car has been gaining a few miles of range without actually being charged.

So, you're gaining a few miles while the battery pack cools off.
That would be rather abnormal. That's why you get the warning message when you're below 10% SOC and put it in park in cool outside temps (around 50F or so it'll trigger I think?). Generally cooling a battery reduces the chemical energy available which in turn makes it look emptier.