Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everyone getting who ordered after me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I ordered MY LR Blue with white interior, no tow, no self driving on Oct 01, 2021 . But I still didnt get VIN numbers. Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 30. Most of my friends already got the cars with same configuration who ordered after me in around January 2022. Can any one answer if I'm missing something?

Reactions: ope_sorry
Hello,

I ordered MY LR Blue with white interior, no tow, no self driving on Oct 01, 2021 . But I still didnt get VIN numbers. Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 30. Most of my friends already got the cars with same configuration who ordered after me in around January 2022. Can any one answer if I'm missing something?
They paid more. That’s why they got theirs

• Love
Reactions: Aviateur17
Upvote 0
Login to your Tesla account and check for expired trade in or financing. Those are the top reasons for delays in delivery. Also, do you have an SA? Sometimes they are helpful and sometimes not.
On September 17, 2021, I ordered my Pearl White Model Y Long Range from Dublin -San Francisco Bay Area, California- .
The EDD has been moved about 10+ times so far, and it seems that the total wait for my Y will be at least 1 year ;-(
The 3 latest 'updates' of the EDD:
May 1, 2022 > EDD 8: August 11 to September 22 with delivery in Fremont, CA
July 15, 2022 > EDD 9: August 14 to August 19 with delivery in Fremont, CA For the first time, this is a single week window. A day later, I also received an inquiry about trade-in, an I thought things were finally moving! But no VIN yet.
On August 10, 2022, three days before the start of my window, I got a new EDD:
August 10, 2022 > new EDD 10: August 22 to September 19 ;-(

Upvote 0
Re 'check for expired trade in or financing', I had none: no trade & cash transaction.
Re 'Also, do you have an SA? Sometimes they are helpful and sometimes not', I found that they are clueless. In my last interaction, the young SA was unappologetic and quite aggressive -figure that he is very stressed !

Reactions: voxel
Upvote 0
Re 'check for expired trade in or financing', I had none: no trade & cash transaction.
Re 'Also, do you have an SA? Sometimes they are helpful and sometimes not', I found that they are clueless. In my last interaction, the young SA was unappologetic and quite aggressive -figure that he is very stressed !
Agree the SAs are clueless - at least the ones I have interacted in Austin.
My OD is 12/29/21 (later than the OP), but my EDD jumped on July 10th to January - April 2023. I have since had a chat with at least half a dozen SAs, and one thing they all agree on is that the EDD jump to 2023 seems incorrect. I have asked all of them to review my profile, and everyone confirmed all is good from my end. Some of them have even said I should more likely have a VIN in August (some said first half, some said second half). I wonder if they just say that so that they can get me off the phone call.

And as OP said, I have friends in Austin that have same configuration as me and ordered in Q1 2022, and they have got deliveries.

At this point, other than waiting, I am not sure if I have any other option.

Reactions: anapon
Upvote 0
My OD is 12/29/21 (later than the OP), but my EDD jumped on July 10th to January - April 2023. I have since had a chat with at least half a dozen SAs, and one thing they all agree on is that the EDD jump to 2023 seems incorrect. I have asked all of them to review my profile, and everyone confirmed all is good from my end. Some of them have even said I should more likely have a VIN in August (some said first half, some said second half). I wonder if they just say that so that they can get me off the phone call.

And as OP said, I have friends in Austin that have same configuration as me and ordered in Q1 2022, and they have got deliveries.

Just got a new EDD for a MYLR ordered 17 September 2021 in Dublin, California. I believe that this is probably EDD number 18 -I stopped counting at 10 ;-(

17 August 2022: EDD #18: August 20 to September 3 !

Upvote 0

They do have an internal system that gives them a soft match date that is often different than the EDD you see. Although most SAs won't admit they have the ability and won't do it in writing. So they may be looking at that system to get the August estimate or they are just pure BS.

As far as other options....if you were okay switching to MYP then you would get a car within a few weeks.
Also you could try adding FSD and so far people are able to remove it once delivery is scheduled. However this is mostly working for old orders like Aug, Sept, Oct....not sure if it works for Nov, Dec or newer orders...certainly doesn't seem to work for March and onwards. I guess there is always some risk that Tesla changes things and removes the option to remove FSD so you have to be accepting that there is a small chance you could get stuck with the FSD bill in the end. But for now there are reports even from this week of people removing it before delivery.

Upvote 0
They do have an internal system that gives them a soft match date that is often different than the EDD you see. Although most SAs won't admit they have the ability and won't do it in writing. So they may be looking at that system to get the August estimate or they are just pure BS.

As far as other options....if you were okay switching to MYP then you would get a car within a few weeks.
Also you could try adding FSD and so far people are able to remove it once delivery is scheduled. However this is mostly working for old orders like Aug, Sept, Oct....not sure if it works for Nov, Dec or newer orders...certainly doesn't seem to work for March and onwards. I guess there is always some risk that Tesla changes things and removes the option to remove FSD so you have to be accepting that there is a small chance you could get stuck with the FSD bill in the end. But for now there are reports even from this week of people removing it before delivery.
I have considered both these options (MYP, FSD) and still continue to debate. With FSD, as you said, I do think I am ready to take the risk that Tesla may prevent me to remove it prior to delivery, and don't want to take this burden of 12k! FSD is good for those early adopters, but 12k seems a lot for it for what I might use it for.

I would have upgraded to MYP but if I do, I would have to change the wheels and tires. Considering the low aspect ratio on the tires, the wheels can easily get damaged, and can get very costly soon. But I am seeing a few people on reddit posting that it takes them several months to sell the ubertine tires and wheels. I assume with so many people switching to MYP, I think there will be quite a few folks selling their tires.

The other option I see is to compromise on the color and may be a demo vehicle. Almost every other time I have texted the SAs, they mention an MSM with black interior that could be made available.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!

Upvote 0
Hello,

My blue/white got delivered after almost 380 days. I think it's not an overly common config? My Model 3 RWD was the same blue/white and a pretty lengthy wait too.

Maybe I'm making it all up.. I can't explain the delay.

Upvote 0
An update on the MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in) ordered 9/17 from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay area. It has now been 338 days i.e. 11 months and 4 days !
Today 8/21, two days into my second 2-weeks window EDD#18, I got a new 'update' EDD#19, yet another 2-weeks window 8/25 to 9/4. EDD#19 is delayed by 5 days as compared to EDD#18. EDD#19 is my 3rd 2-weeks window after EDD#16 and EDD#18; EDD#17 was a 4-weeks window. Still no VIN.

Upvote 0
I have considered both these options (MYP, FSD) and still continue to debate. With FSD, as you said, I do think I am ready to take the risk that Tesla may prevent me to remove it prior to delivery, and don't want to take this burden of 12k! FSD is good for those early adopters, but 12k seems a lot for it for what I might use it for.

I would have upgraded to MYP but if I do, I would have to change the wheels and tires. Considering the low aspect ratio on the tires, the wheels can easily get damaged, and can get very costly soon. But I am seeing a few people on reddit posting that it takes them several months to sell the ubertine tires and wheels. I assume with so many people switching to MYP, I think there will be quite a few folks selling their tires.

The other option I see is to compromise on the color and may be a demo vehicle. Almost every other time I have texted the SAs, they mention an MSM with black interior that could be made available.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions!
I believe the tires on the MYP are all season. You don't have to change them out like all the M3P owners do when the temps get cold.

Upvote 0
I believe the tires on the MYP are all season. You don't have to change them out like all the M3P owners do when the temps get cold.
If I were to enumerate the concerns:
1. Low aspect ratio on the 21" tires that puts the risk pretty high for wheel damage from getting into bumps or curb rash
2. Limited collection with 21" tires
3. Cannot be rotated
4. Lower mileage compared to the 19" and 20"s
5. Expensive to replace if need to.

I might be wrong on some of these, but that's what I gather reading about them.

Upvote 0
Today 8/22, I got a new EDD: a narrower 4-days windows EDD#20 (8/24 to 8/27) and a VIN. I has been 339 days since OD from Dublin, San Francisco East Bay Area, California.

Summary of the last EDD's
9/17/2021 > OD from Dublin CA, MYLR (Pearl white, black interior, no financing, no trade-in)
+++++++++ wait and wait ++++++++++++++
5/1/2022> EDD#16: 8/11-9/22, 5-weeks window, delivery in Fremont
7/15 > EDD#17: 8/14-8/19, trade-in inquiry, 2-weeks window
8/10 > EDD#18: 8/22-9/19, 4-weeks window
8/21 > EDD#19: 8/25-9/3, 2-weeks window
8/22 > EDD#20: 8/24-8/27, 4 days window, and a VIN ! Could it be happening after 339 days (11 months and 5 days) post OD ?

Upvote 0
No change on EDD 8/30-9/13 or no VIN for the OD: 06/06. MYP MSM Black FSD. I see a lot of deliveries and VINs issued for OD after 6/6. Looks like OH is not their big market and My SA just sent the standard message stating EDD 08/30-09/13 for your order, he sent the same message even for questions not related to delivery date. I think he got the best job 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: anapon
Upvote 0