Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everyone getting who ordered after me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I ordered MY LR Blue with white interior, no tow, no self driving on Oct 01, 2021 . But I still didnt get VIN numbers. Estimated Delivery: August 26 - September 30. Most of my friends already got the cars with same configuration who ordered after me in around January 2022. Can any one answer if I'm missing something?

Reactions: ope_sorry
My MYLR was delivered today 8/23; it was scheduled for 8/24 but I got a call ‘can you get it today’ on the morning of the 8/23. The delivery was done at home by 2 drivers (sub-contracted by Tesla) that drove the car from Fremont (19 miles away) and took an Uber after dropping off the car. They did not know too much about Phone Key, etc.

The car was manufactured in Fremont 8/21 (as shown on the Tesla Service Center screen) i.e. 2 days before delivery,.

My total wait will have been 340 days or 11 months & 6 Days since ordering it from Dublin (Northern California) on September 17, 2021.

A few notes:
[1] There was NO Mobile Connector, even though the car was ordered almost a year ago. At the time of order, the car included a Mobile Connector free of charge. Today, there is only a J1172 adapter. At this moment, I cannot charge the car even though I installed a level2-capable receptacle.
[2] Close inspection of the car shows a number of flaws
[2.1] 6 body panel misalignments. The worst: the hatch door on the right hinge side is raised by 12mm with respect to the body; the front hood is sunk by 5mm (with respect to the body) in the front center, and raised by 5mm at the lefdt hinge
[2.2] the interior trim all around the windshield above the steering wheel is loose and flaps freely; I cannot move the sunscreen, as it would take the trim down with it.

I will go to Fremont tomorrow to see a course of action for the charger and the flaws. The Dublin CA sales center has been closed, and only a Service Center works there now. To go to Fremont, I cannot take the Tesla, as I have no way to charge it, and will rely on my trusted Leaf !

Upvote 0
My order was 9/17/2021 in Dublin for an MYLR Pearl white no financing & no trade-in. After waiting 11months + 5 days and 20 EDD’s, the car was delivered at home on 8/23/2022. Unfortunately, the car was full of cosmetic issues, the main ones being [1] a loose trim hanging above the steering wheel, [2] a badly mis-aligned front hoot, [3] a poorly adjusted RHS hatch door hinge and [4] a damaged paint chip on the hatch. [5] The Mobile Connector MC included in the car order in September 2021 was not in the car.
The car had been manufactured in Fremont and released on 8/21 but IMHO was NEVER properly inspected. Must have been an end-of-shift car.

On 8/24, I drove the car 18 miles back to Fremont, and had an ‘interesting’ conversation with sales. I logged five service requests, one for each major issues, then was redirected to the Service center on Kato Road. By then, the car had 36 miles, Fremont to my house to Fremont! The service people [1] could not find any attachment fixture/clips for the trim and said the entire unit will have to be replaced [2] told me that the hood had to be adjusted by hand by ‘bending’ the soft aluminum [3] said that the RHS hatch hinge is often loose as the hatch attachment are asymmetrical, power on the LHS and strut on the RHS and [4] said that the hatch door will have to be repainted.
A week later, on 9/1/2022 I picked it up. The issues [1] to [4] are more or less fixed, even though the paint job is far from being perfect. [5] I had to buy an MC adapter.

The good news is that I really like the car, even when compared to my previous early-Model S.
Note that I also quite like the BYD’s that I have been driving overseas, that costs half the price of a loaded Model 3 Tesla!

Reactions: sundevil
Upvote 0