Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everyone: PLEASE stop making moderators' job more difficult!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
To ALL forum members:

PLEASE look at the proliferation of hyper-similar threads regarding the Version 7 roll-out - and find one that already exists before you make a new one. Right now there are a good dozen and more....it really is out of control. "User Interface" is not my bailiwick, but I can assure you no moderator wants to claw through all these threads and merge them.

Thanks, everybody.

The moderators should simply close the new threads once they get noticed. That way the orphans don't add weight and there's less work merging them later.
Maybe that's too simple a solution?
"Censorship!"

People will yell that and create more work for mods as a result.

Nonetheless, it might be worth trying -- as long as the close includes a link to a recommended thread.

"Censorship!"

People will yell that and create more work for mods as a result.

Nonetheless, it might be worth trying -- as long as the close includes a link to a recommended thread.

Sorry, yes, I should have been more specific. Post to the thread "Thread closed as we already have a thriving thread on this topic (include link to that thread). Then close the thread. Thanks for pointing out that my idea as posted was really kinda stupid, brianman

200+ page threads are a different problem altogether, though. I agree that very specific new topics* are the answer... vs. a 200+ page day single topic about 7.

---
* that are actually new.. search first ;) some forums strongly encourage that on / near / after New Topic button press.

Or better yet implement a search function that shows the existing thread(s) on the topic.
Well the search function already exists....

But tying it into the thread creation UI with prompting "Are you sure none of these threads already covers what you want to discuss?" (followed by a list of relevant threads).

Probably would be easiest to pin a new (temporary) subforum to the top of every page entitled 'V7 Autopilot Videos Experiences Questions Loading Whatever - Goes HERE', let people start a b'zillion new threads, and sort thru it later.

It would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 1.39.45 PM.png