Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everyone that has ever taken delivery of Model Y, are you louvers not actuating either?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this a week ago in another sub forum, it seems like there is very little traction over there compared to here.

These louvers are almost always closed on M3 when its parked. Ive checked out numerous M3's and they are actuating there (closed when parked). Ive checked out over a dozen Model Y's and none of them, not a single one Ive ever seen with louvers closed. Are these broken in software? Are all of us getting lower miles per charge because of this? (they close to make the car more aerodynamic and open up only when the radiator behind them needs cooling).

Did they change the way they operate on MY vs M3? Because as of right now, behavior is not the same.

Please take 1 minute to walk over to your MY and take a look. Im looking for at least one person who has them closed and what conditions they are in.

ive been checking mine multiple times a day, under different conditions (60F temps, parked for 24+ hours, after long hard drives, in 90F temps, at night, during the day)... they are always open.

Thread with more details of where they are and what to look for are in the interior/exterior subforum here - Do your front intake shutters (louvers) actuate (close) ?