Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everyone wants to race me......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking for myself here, but... what a difference 15 years makes. Back then I was in my early 20s and splurged on a BMW M3. Loved gunning it from a stop and loved to cream all the Saabs who thought they were contenders.

These days I feel like I have nothing to prove. People rev their engines next to me, and I let them shoot away.

Maybe my testosterone levels are low.

Watch out for these guys

IMG_4600.JPG

I have had 3 occasions where cars have tried to provoke me (I think). I have not entertained any of them because I'm not in to that type of thing. Not saying I don't do the occasional full power from a red light for grins every now and then. :)

1. An old Corolla tailgated me (I wasn't going slow) and then used all its 4 cylinder fury to huff and puff around me with a big smile on his face.

2. G37 Coupe with modified exhaust rolled up next to me on the highway, started revving and wanted to race. Nope, he would have destroyed me at highway speed.

3. Brand new C43 AMG rolled up next to me on the highway and was intrigued. Not sure if he wanted to race but he was definitely looking...then I exited for my street so I guess I will never know his intentions. Good for me because I would have been embarrassed.

I get a lot of looks but not many people really want to race. Which is good, bc that's how innocent people are hurt.

Reactions: Arpe
3. Brand new C43 AMG rolled up next to me on the highway and was intrigued. Not sure if he wanted to race but he was definitely looking...then I exited for my street so I guess I will never know his intentions. Good for me because I would have been embarrassed.

It's not a C63, the C43 has a faster 0-60 than the 3, however, the 5-60 is 5.1 sec. so unless he does a launch start, you can take him (but as @ilovemycoffee elegantly stated, "don't do it".)

EDIT: Just realized it wasn't at a stop light but @ilovemycoffee advice still applies.

Reactions: MarkinArch
Street racing is meh.
  • The trophy girl is a homeless lady pushing a shopping cart.
  • The entry fee can be pretty steep.
  • The purse can be an all expense paid room near city hall and pair of matching bracelets.
The cars that are actually fast with good drivers are unlikely to bother with you on the street, and if they did, It would be over before you hit the speed limit.
The cars that are actually fast with bad drivers are likely to get you busted or in an accident.
The cars that are slow with bad drivers aren't worth the time, but can still get you arrested.

Drag race it. Enter brackets. It should be repeatable enough once you learn the battery curve, just keep adjusting your dial-in.

• Funny
Reactions: GatorGuy and arcus
I just put the chill mode on and think to myself, you are no match to me. Let them think they are faster then me.
I know I am faster, so I am humble about it. Nothing to prove, the numbers don’t lie.

My favorite is to go off the line slow from the first red light, like you said, let them think they are faster than me. Then on the next red light, I’ll gun it.

Reactions: Arpe and cellogig