Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know why he was banned? He certainly was annoying, but he never really crossed a line with anyone that I'm aware of. AFAIK, he kept it clean and never resorted to name calling, threats, etc. I hope he wasn't banned from participating simply because he was disagreeing about the common opinion of v11.

It's good to have differing opinions and hearty debates. Even with someone who is dead wrong and annoying.
Yeah, he wasn’t exactly crossing the line, IMHO. I am not sure he deserved to be banned, I just put him on mute, easy enough.

Curious what you think of i4 after your test drive, but I have to agree with the comments on the grill. What were they thinking?

I’d like to test drive it, but the goddamn curb weight man! 4600-5000 lbs? My general rule of thumb is that once you cross 3500 lbs, the fun becomes less accessible! 😀

Around 2005-2006, I had the choice of either going for a 545i or the M3 or a 325i with sport pack. Test drove all of them, and it was a close decision between all. M3 fell out of favor, because we had had a kid just then, needed a practical 4 door sedan. 545i with SMG came very very close, but I am not into a lot of power, I need nimble, quick and fun.

325i edged out the others, not only due to the test drive, but due to a recommendation from a friend who used to work in car design for a big auto manufacturer around the time. His opinion is still held highly by me. He knew so much about suspension tuning and handling. Most of my knowledge is due to that guy’s coaching.

I very much prefer to drive my 3 compared to my S. 3 is a lot of fun, but it’s rear isn’t as planted when driving very quickly in the twisties. My BMW was rock solid and fun, never had a doubt it would ‘betray’ me during those fun times. Ever. 😁

Even when choosing my S, I chose not to go for the 85 KWh because a comparison test driv back to back told me the 60, being 260 odd pounds lighter was just a bit more fun to toss around. I equipped the S with very light weight sport wheels (XQ sport wheel each weighing just 22 lbs compared to the stock 29 lbs wheel).

In general, lighter the curb weight, more agile and sporty it might feel. 👍😏

Reactions: Boza and TexaCali
Yeah, he wasn’t exactly crossing the line, IMHO. I am not sure he deserved to be banned, I just put him on mute, easy enough.
Yeah - I did the same. Like I said in a previous post, the thread suddenly became rational once I muted him!

He was definitely obnoxious and a few of his posts were pushing the line but I agree, it didn’t seem to justify banning. It’s quite possible he was banned for something he posted on another thread, or in a personal message.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
My primary issue was UX related with the movement of important controls being buried.
However, my issue is now importantly reliability. I’m running 2022.4 and have become seething angry driving a car I loved. A 2hr drive yesterday required 2 hard reboots requiring me to pull off I70. Touchscreen would completely freeze and I couldn’t even tell if blinkers were on. The backup camera? Almost useless. Shows image from last location for a couple seconds before a very stutter live view appears. I’m against a wall 3 seconds before the camera shows me there.
Are there memory leaks here? I mean it gets worse the longer you drive until the car animation is updating once a 4 seconds. It’s ridiculous.
2022 MYP
That’s terrible, but memory leaks aren’t easy to diagnose. I’m afraid you’ll have to make a service appointment. Have them look at the logs for starters.

This reminds me of an update in 2016 or 2017 on my S. It started spontaneously rebooting every 10 minutes! My drive the office and back that day was very eventful. Same issue with many Ses and Xes that day. Tesla phone lines were jammed that day. (Those days you could still call them 😏)

They pushed a fix later in the evening, and everything was back to normal. Shows how much they didn’t test, even back then. 😄

Reactions: Sporty
Yeah - I did the same. Like I said in a previous post, the thread suddenly became rational once I muted him!

He was definitely obnoxious and a few of his posts were pushing the line but I agree, it didn’t seem to justify banning. It’s quite possible he was banned for something he posted on another thread, or in a personal message.
Dude even disputed the need for a defrost button, since he didn’t know how many people would have the need to ‘bomb around the mountains in winter’. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Quite a character.

I think his replacement is emerging in another tread…

• Funny
Reactions: Revolver3131
Beuty is in the eye of the beholder, apparently. I think the front end of the M3 looks like a fish with gaping mouth, sometimes even a bit frog like lol. I certainly wouldn’t call it beautiful by any stretch of my imagination, but then I don’t have to look at the outside most of the time.
Now THERE's a topic that everyone can agree on.. looks! LOL

I just love how - of all the things about the car culture - peoples opinion about looks has the most variations. If you have never gone to a cars and coffee event that welcomes all brands, you really need to. It's just so damned fascinating. Every car is like the fingerprint of a person.

Personally, i LOVE the M3/MY - ESPECIALLY the front. After decades of automakers designing all kinds of gingerbread into a car to keep them fresh and new and interesting, most have become monstrosities of tackiness. Grilles and lights are in the forefront of this desecration of beautiful design. Tesla is a bright spot in this depressing trend.

For me, this is all the more proof that the new UI design is to a large degree, objectively bad. How can such a diverse group of people agree so much about this change?

Dude even disputed the need for a defrost button, since he didn’t know how many people would have the need to ‘bomb around the mountains in winter’. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Quite a character.
The big problem is he could never agree to disagree. He was unable to accept that others' experiences could differ from his, and he seemed obligated to diminish their difficulties. I didn't see any bannable activity though.

Reactions: COS Blue
. He was unable to accept that others' experiences could differ from his, and he seemed obligated to diminish their difficulties.

That's exactly the thing. Yet he says this:

.I've always said I prefer it. You don't. That's fine.

If "That's fine" then just let other people express their own opinions about V11 and STFU. Clearly to TT it wasn't "fine" and was just a basis to diminish and refute everyone else's valid claims. Lather, rinse, repeat. I think that's why he was temporarily banned (his avatar no longer says "banned" :oops:)

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Never had an E46, but I had the E36 M3. Hands down the best driving car I ever owned. 0-100-0 was quicker than a Ferrari (at that time), could dance between oversteer and understeer like Fred Astaire on wheels, built solid, no issues, loads of fun....Oh, and got about 20mpg, maybe 10K miles on a set of tires if I was lucky, and ate brakes for breakfast. Don't have a picture handy at the moment, but mine looked exactly like this:
View attachment 762667

I guess AustinPowers and I want the same electric car - I kept telling people when the Leaf, i3 and other designs were coming out - I just want a BMW3 series that is electric. Curious what you think of i4 after your test drive, but I have to agree with the comments on the grill. What were they thinking?
Hi @TexaCali ,

I found a good, unbiased review of the i4 and Model 3 comparison on YT:

Reactions: TexaCali and Sporty
Thanks @_Redshift_ ! As he says in his review, horses for courses. The Model 3 is already a bigger car than what I need, and sadly the i4 looks even bigger. I like the rear hatch, but surprised it didn't hold more than the 3. Also kinda bummed that it wasn't really an M car, despite the badge...the first M cars were homologation specials for racing....now M seems to be more of a "dress up" thing....but hey, the i4 still seems like a nice car and will be just the ticket for some. Curious to hear your impression after a test drive.

Saw a Ford Focus RS on the road today.....something like that as a purpose built AWD EV would be amazing!

I’d like to test drive it, but the goddamn curb weight man! 4600-5000 lbs? My general rule of thumb is that once you cross 3500 lbs, the fun becomes less accessible! 😀

Around 2005-2006, I had the choice of either going for a 545i or the M3 or a 325i with sport pack. Test drove all of them, and it was a close decision between all. M3 fell out of favor, because we had had a kid just then, needed a practical 4 door sedan. 545i with SMG came very very close, but I am not into a lot of power, I need nimble, quick and fun.

325i edged out the others, not only due to the test drive, but due to a recommendation from a friend who used to work in car design for a big auto manufacturer around the time. His opinion is still held highly by me. He knew so much about suspension tuning and handling. Most of my knowledge is due to that guy’s coaching.

I very much prefer to drive my 3 compared to my S. 3 is a lot of fun, but it’s rear isn’t as planted when driving very quickly in the twisties. My BMW was rock solid and fun, never had a doubt it would ‘betray’ me during those fun times. Ever. 😁

Even when choosing my S, I chose not to go for the 85 KWh because a comparison test driv back to back told me the 60, being 260 odd pounds lighter was just a bit more fun to toss around. I equipped the S with very light weight sport wheels (XQ sport wheel each weighing just 22 lbs compared to the stock 29 lbs wheel).

In general, lighter the curb weight, more agile and sporty it might feel. 👍😏
Close to my experience. My third BMW was a 2006 325 (even though the engine was 2.8 liters) with sport suspension. Great handling! All around good car until I went to check the oil after a few months of ownership. No dipstick?!? It had turned into an unreliable digital readout. I decided then that BMWs were going down a path I didn’t care for. My Model S and now my Model 3 have been pretty good substitutes. The acceleration being the best part. Now with Mountain Pass Performance I am getting closer to making the Model 3 feel like a BMW 3. I fear V.11 may be a sign like the disappearing dipstick though.

This screenshot enrages me. How they could break what wasn't broken (including the Browser geolocation) is unreal.

Screenshot_20220202-122026.png