Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Everything wrong with V11 update / user interface.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I like V11, but agree about the heated seat issues. But it looks like they have plenty of room to add those controls back… I don’t ever turn auto windshield wipers off. If I ever want them to whipe, I just press the button on the stalk…

Don’t use Home link, but if I did I think that would be annoying not to have a button right on the screen…

Well, I like V11, but agree about the heated seat issues. But it looks like they have plenty of room to add those controls back… I don’t ever turn auto windshield wipers off. If I ever want them to whipe, I just press the button on the stalk…

Don’t use Home link, but if I did I think that would be annoying not to have a button right on the screen…
Actually the button is on the screen only when you are near the garage...then the button appears. Its a big button too!

Here's another one. Am I crazy or did they remove intimation about charging? I was at the supercharger and could find no information to tell me how long it would take to charge. I see it was clearly displayed before. I had to use the mobile app to find out how long I had to grab a sandwich.

I got in my 3 today and put the trip miles menu up. It is 0.6 miles from my house to the first stop light. Before I even got there, my miles traveled changed from 0 to 1.

So not only did we lose the tenths digit (WHY?!?!?!?), but it's also showing the wrong number of miles on top of that.

I want my 10.2 UI back now, Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I got in my 3 today and put the trip miles menu up. It is 0.6 miles from my house to the first stop light. Before I even got there, my miles traveled changed from 0 to 1.

So not only did we lose the tenths digit (WHY?!?!?!?), but it's also showing the wrong number of miles on top of that.

I want my 10.2 UI back now, Tesla.
Wrong number of miles? If the distance is 0.6 and it shows 1 then that is the correct number of miles given the decimal place has been removed. It likely changes from 0 to 1 at 0.51 miles. Why they did this I don't know. Personally I could care less about tenths of miles but it does seem strange they would remove it.

And oh the other hand I had to tell my office mate that AP was only meant for the highway when after a few days of owning his car he said “what’s matter with it, it was going to blow right through a stop sign”. (This was before stop sign detection).

Many people don’t read the instructions.

I did, but that’s because I was curious about it. I also travel somewhat (before Covid) and never sit in the car finding things other the “how do I turn this thing on” and “where do I plug my phone charger cord in”. Most cars are intuitive to use.
Well there are idiots everywhere I guess?! As for intuitive...we are talking about a vehicle that has replaced buttons with a screen...it is very different from most cars with buttons everywhere. That's why it takes a bit longer to get used to it. After learning it is very simple to use. As you stated, when you sit in a rental you look for how to turn on things and where is the charger etc. This is exactly what new owners of Teslas need to do the first time they sit in it. It might take longer than a regular ICE because it is so different but again, once learnt not forgotten! v11 will require previous version owners to relearn some stuff...as we all know know, it doesn't take long!

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: tyguy and Hbrink
I can see them just fine. Guess I have good eyes then! I actually just went out to my garage, turned all lights off, put map on dark mode and set display to lowest setting...I can see them perfectly.

All the side streets are (effectively) missing. Maybe your car is showing something different? In any case, it’s a problem for me and others. Telling me it’s not a problem doesn’t help. I still can’t see them no matter how much you insist it’s fine.

Attachments

• 6D2AE8A2-4FCF-481A-8475-827718B091D7.jpeg
    6D2AE8A2-4FCF-481A-8475-827718B091D7.jpeg
    839 KB · Views: 94
All the side streets are (effectively) missing. Maybe your car is showing something different? In any case, it’s a problem for me and others. Telling me it’s not a problem doesn’t help. I still can’t see them no matter how much you insist it’s fine.
Is the attachment you posted showing that the side streets are missing or one that showing that they are there? I can clearly see all the side streets on that attachment. Actually it is much better than what I could see in the new UI dark mode. It was definitely not the best choice of shading for the side streets, but I could still see them just not as defined as before.

I don't know what you are trying to show but I can see all the side streets on this image! Easily. Are you talking about not seeing all the side street names?? When you say 'effectively' missing what does that mean? They either are missing or they aren't...as for the shading of them, they are side streets, not principal ones. If you want to make them more pronounced zoom in. You don't want all the side streets to be in brilliant white, that would be very distracting. I like them darker.

Yeah but that button doesn’t bring back superchargers
The points of interest icon does bring back the superchargers for me. After the V11 updates for both my MX and M3, they turned off the points of interest on the maps. Once I turn them back on, the chargers came back along with all the other icons. I like the clutters actually. Otherwise the map just shows LA's traffic which is really sad and red... LOL.