Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVEZY, anybody using them?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks attractive comparing to a std lease, everything included and not a long term commitment, anybody actually using a car through them?
I’ve an i3 with them whilst I wait for my Tesla.

Apart from a 3 week wait after I wanted the car - all very impressive. They strictly limit to 1250 miles a month (with a soft cap at 1000), you don’t get a physical key (only through their app) and the insurance excess is ridiculous.

however - it was well spec’d. Mine only had 150 miles on it. I could access all the BMW app functions. And I only need to give 10 days notice to return it.

Great for a longer than rental but shorter than a standard lease car.

Reactions: Durzel
I’ve an i3 with them whilst I wait for my Tesla.

Apart from a 3 week wait after I wanted the car - all very impressive. They strictly limit to 1250 miles a month (with a soft cap at 1000), you don’t get a physical key (only through their app) and the insurance excess is ridiculous.

however - it was well spec’d. Mine only had 150 miles on it. I could access all the BMW app functions. And I only need to give 10 days notice to return it.

Great for a longer than rental but shorter than a standard lease car.
Thanks, what was excess? I’m guessing you could take out the excess insurance that a few have mentioned on here.

for your Tesla are you leasing? If so why not thought them?

No one has found a company that will cover the rather unique offering that Evezy provide. One company did but subsequently decided that they didn’t want to and refused new contracts.

So yeah, it’s an £1000 excess should anything go wrong.

I’ve had an 120Ah i3 with them since April. It was a brand new car and with the exception of two occasions months ago where the app/website was down for <30 minutes it’s been flawless. I would say though however that I’ve never had to depend on their “after sales” service, though I’ve not heard any horror stories.

Question: I know you don’t get access to the car fully using the Tesla app (you have to use the Evezy app to lock/unlock) like you do if you own or lease a Tesla yourself. But does the newly released key fob work with an Evezy Tesla, specifically with one that has Passive Entry (I.e. hands free entry)?

Yeah but if you bought the Model 3 fob from the Tesla store, would it work with an Evezy car? It says on the Tesla website that you just pair the fob with the car (presumably like you do a keycard), just wondering if it would work with an Evezy car too, and specifically if the fob works in Passive Mode so will lock/unlock the car if you're within three feet of it.

My friend is thinking of going with Evezy and the whole locking/unlocking app thing is a big dealbreaker for him.

for your Tesla are you leasing? If so why not thought them?
Cost.

I think £400/month all in for the i3 is a great price - given they included the active cruise control optional extra (through work scheme this would be no cheaper).

The price for the M3 long range is double this at around £799. I can get it through work at £100/month less, choose the colour and get a tow bar. Work scheme will also give full access to the Tesla app, which others have commented is not provided if you go with Evezy (odd as it works for the i3)

My friend is thinking of going with Evezy and the whole locking/unlocking app thing is a big dealbreaker for him.
If it works it would almost certainly be an implicit breach of the terms and conditions. It sounds to me that an Evezy M3 isn’t suitable for your friend?

That being said, I have my Evezy i3 paired to the BMW app which lets me lock/unlock etc, and even shows me where the car is. I would presume that app access would disappear if I cancelled the sub, but who knows.

Having a mechanism to unlock the car when you don’t own it and are no longer paying for it sounds like a disaster to me (for Evezy that is!)

I had an i3 with them for about 6 months while I waited for my M3. Overall fantastic, suited me down to the ground at the time, as my mileage was very low. if it had been more typical then I might have struggled with the cap.

Unlocking with the app should not be a dealbreaker, its only an issue if a) you are an estate agent, jumping in and out of the car all the time; or b) use valet parking.

FWIW, you have to unlock your (non-EVEZY) M3 chargeport every day with the app ...

If it works it would almost certainly be an implicit breach of the terms and conditions. It sounds to me that an Evezy M3 isn’t suitable for your friend?

That being said, I have my Evezy i3 paired to the BMW app which lets me lock/unlock etc, and even shows me where the car is. I would presume that app access would disappear if I cancelled the sub, but who knows.

Having a mechanism to unlock the car when you don’t own it and are no longer paying for it sounds like a disaster to me (for Evezy that is!)
Yeah but you have to pair the fob with the car for it to work. So when the car went back to Evezy they could just un-pair the fob and it wouldn't work anymore.

Yeah but you have to pair the fob with the car for it to work. So when the car went back to Evezy they could just un-pair the fob and it wouldn't work anymore.
Indeed they could, but presumably they would have to know there was a fob to begin with, unless they routinely unpair everything?

I fully expect to lose access to the BMW app once I return the car, but if I don’t then I’ll know where it is in the country and be able to unlock it with the app.

Does key card still come with the car? Without one of those, you cannot pair or have the recommended keycard in wallet for emergencies - I've needed to use mine twice.

With keycard, you can just pair additional key cards or the fob. Now, whether you can buy the fob or keycard on an EVEZY car - normally you need to give account details/vin.

The pairing screen lists all paired devices. Takes seconds to unpair a device.

I've jumped in with Evezy and am waiting for my M3P for a December / January arrival (maybe!!)

Keen to know if any other forum users already have their Evezy M3 to get real world experience on the Evezy M3's.

Particularly:
Useability of the app (I'm also nervous about not having the key card as a backup)
Dashcam they apparently add - how conspicuous is it?

For me the lack of long term commitment was a massive win and over the two year term I'd have otherwise leased over Evezy was actually cheaper plus has more miles and FSD that otherwise wouldn't.

Got my fingers crossed for white but there's no bad colours imo.

I've jumped in with Evezy and am waiting for my M3P for a December / January arrival (maybe!!)

Keen to know if any other forum users already have their Evezy M3 to get real world experience on the Evezy M3's.

Particularly:
Useability of the app (I'm also nervous about not having the key card as a backup)
Dashcam they apparently add - how conspicuous is it?

For me the lack of long term commitment was a massive win and over the two year term I'd have otherwise leased over Evezy was actually cheaper plus has more miles and FSD that otherwise wouldn't.

Got my fingers crossed for white but there's no bad colours imo.
Great stuff! Be good to see how smoothly the process goes

I have had a Zoe from evezy since February and am waiting for an M3P from them that I will keep for a month. It’s due to be delivered within the next couple of weeks.

Reserved in July, I had to pay a 4 monthly subscriptions upfront as a deposit. I can return the car after one month and as long as it isn’t damaged, I’ll get the remaining 3 months back. If I keep the car I wouldn’t have to pay again until the beginning of month five.

I have had a Zoe from evezy since February and am waiting for an M3P from them that I will keep for a month. It’s due to be delivered within the next couple of weeks.

Out of interest what's your reason for only keeping for one month? Any risk you'll be hooked and not able to give it back?

Assuming you are in the December/January batch same as me?

Out of interest what's your reason for only keeping for one month? Any risk you'll be hooked and not able to give it back?

Assuming you are in the December/January batch same as me?

I’m in the November/December batch (2) and am waiting for the Tesla Thursday Update which I hope will confirm when I can expect delivery.

I can’t afford the M3P long term. Even the SR+ is double the cost of the Zoe. Living in London, I don’t really need a car as big as the Tesla. The Zoe is perfect for my needs. Just wanted to experience a Tesla so treating myself to a month.

It’ll be interesting to see how I feel when I have to give it back!

I’m in the November/December batch (2) and am waiting for the Tesla Thursday Update which I hope will confirm when I can expect delivery.

I can’t afford the M3P long term. Even the SR+ is double the cost of the Zoe. Living in London, I don’t really need a car as big as the Tesla. The Zoe is perfect for my needs. Just wanted to experience a Tesla so treating myself to a month.

It’ll be interesting to see how I feel when I have to give it back!
Good luck with that. Honestly after 1 day of owning the SR+ I was ready to swear off all other cars forever. I'm 2 weeks in now and still feel the same, it's an incredible car.

I live in London and drive into central almost every day for work (i'm a photographer). My previous car was a VW Up, and didn't feel like the size of the Tesla in comparison was as bad as I thought it would be, despite the Tesla being about 1m longer.

I did the maths and unbelivably the SR+ was almost £1,200 cheaper per year than the VW Up GTI (which I was planning on getting). Mainly due to the Congestion Charge which use to cost me over £100 per month. Even taking Congestion Charge out of the equasion it would have been about the same price due to lower running costs etc.

Would be interested to hear what you think of it vs the Zoe.

• Informative
Reactions: drewpost and Durzel