Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVgo CHAdeMO Charger in Brooklyn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're thinking about making the drive from Seattle to Brooklyn to visit our son and grandsons. We would probably be there for a couple of weeks, staying in an Airbnb apartment that is unlikely to have charging. Nrg EVgo has a CHAdeMO station at the Walgreen's on Prospect Ave., not far from where my son lives. Does anyone have experience with this station? Will it be usable with the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter (I didn't see any Tesla comments on PlugShare)? How fast is it?

Any other suggestions of where to charge in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn? FWIW, I have a long extension cord, a prodigious collection of adapters, and twin chargers on my Model S. And of course I have the CHAdeMO adapter. I'm not real crazy about leaving the car outside overnight, so a garage with reasonable charging would also be of interest.

We're thinking about making the drive from Seattle to Brooklyn to visit our son and grandsons. We would probably be there for a couple of weeks, staying in an Airbnb apartment that is unlikely to have charging. Nrg EVgo has a CHAdeMO station at the Walgreen's on Prospect Ave., not far from where my son lives. Does anyone have experience with this station? Will it be usable with the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter (I didn't see any Tesla comments on PlugShare)? How fast is it?

Any other suggestions of where to charge in the Park Slope area of Brooklyn? FWIW, I have a long extension cord, a prodigious collection of adapters, and twin chargers on my Model S. And of course I have the CHAdeMO adapter. I'm not real crazy about leaving the car outside overnight, so a garage with reasonable charging would also be of interest.
are you aware of plugshare?
PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car!

Thanks, all. Yes, I had consulted PlugShare, but I had not scrolled through all the photos for the Brooklyn listing, and hadn't seen the Model S. Hat tip to Oba for that. I do believe that the gap in Wyoming has finally been closed with the opening of the Gillette supercharger. That's what led me to think about this in the first place. I've taken many trips up and down the west coast, including a few before there were ANY superchargers, so I'm pretty confident about getting there. But a quick charger within walking distance of where I'll be staying would be convenient.

Thanks, all. Yes, I had consulted PlugShare, but I had not scrolled through all the photos for the Brooklyn listing, and hadn't seen the Model S. Hat tip to Oba for that. I do believe that the gap in Wyoming has finally been closed with the opening of the Gillette supercharger. That's what led me to think about this in the first place. I've taken many trips up and down the west coast, including a few before there were ANY superchargers, so I'm pretty confident about getting there. But a quick charger within walking distance of where I'll be staying would be convenient.

this might be too late, but ive used this charger a couple times just to test it out.... worked well